Secondary screening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i noticed a lot of medical schools don't screen for secondaries, based on msar anyway. Does that mean they just send it to you regardless of whether your MCAT is in? So as long as your application is verified and sent to them you get a secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi i noticed a lot of medical schools don't screen for secondaries, based on msar anyway. Does that mean they just send it to you regardless of whether your MCAT is in? So as long as your application is verified and sent to them you get a secondary?

Absolutely... That's how schools like Temple and GWU (with tens of thousands of applications every year) make so much money. Most schools will send you a secondary regardless of whether you actually stand a snowball's chance in hell of even interviewing.

Funniest one for me: I completed and submitted a secondary for a school in FL, and within an hour received a rejection email. How's that for "Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!"? They just like to take your money and run. Good luck with the applications this year!