Section 4 of AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoblast

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched the official aacomas question thread and haven't found any answers to this question even though people have already asked it.

The question is: When assigning prereqs to each program should we assign only the minimum credits required?

For example, if it says 8 credits of biology with lab required, should we only assign 8 credits worth of biology classes that we have taken? And should we just pick the ones we got the best grades in? Or do we need to select each and every biology class we have taken even if we have more than 8 credits?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same question as @wsu11 . So like do we assign just bio 101 and 102 as those are the bear minimum prereqs? Or do we assign all bio classes. Some schools specify exactly what to check off but others are more vague.

Also, for the ones that are specific and say mark your upper level bio classes but then have a separate section for say genetics, do we mark genetics only under the genetics section or for both genetics AND bio?

I checked what they required, and if they had others (like micro, physiology, medicinal chemistry, etc) I checked those ****ers too lol. I hate that we have to check off the prerequisites for each school repetitively haha...sorry had to get that out there. I figure, hey, can't hurt! It lists a minimum, no max, so I checked away...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Asdf- I didn't double-check in different sections. I wouldn't want them to take one away bc I used it as a requirement twice. So I made sure I only used each class once for any pre req category.

Wsu- I used the better grades.

I couldn't find the answers either, so I just proceeded with my best judgement. Use your own if you feel otherwise.

Stupid question, but how do we assign the pre reqs for the programs?

After you input all your classes and submit it (not send it for verification)- I think it's at the top- you can then go into one of the sections where it lists your schools on the left hand side. You can read about the school and its criteria, etc, and there is a tab at the top right that says prerequisites. You can click on each section and mark off the classes.

Reactions: 1 user
Still don't see a concrete answer here; should you input the pre-req courses for each section, and thats it? Or add the pre-reqs + any other high grades you want.

EX:
Biology 8 credits:
You input Bio 1 and 2, to meet the pre-req and the 8 credit mark, but also add Genetics, Molecular Bio, Cell Bio, etc..

Or should it just be Bio 1 and 2, as stated, to meet the pre-req they ask.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, so I went to the official verification page and asked some people who were verified what they did. N=4 but they all said that they put the minimum required.

I went overboard and put everything that I thought might meet their requirement, even if it was a repeat from another prereq section. I mean, if they wanted something more detailed they should of been more explicit with their directions, or not be lacking in them all together. I doubt most schools will make too much of this. They will see our transcripts and cross reference anything with it if there are any problems.

Reactions: 1 user