Section Bank scores... do I need to push back my July 7 MCAT?

GoPenguinsGo

2+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys so I got kinda wrecked harder than most on the Section Bank from the AAMC. My scores are as follows

Bio/Biochem: 79%

Chem/Phys: 75%

Psych/Soc: 71% (yikes)

I'm aiming for 130+ in these three categories but my test is only in 4 weeks. Do I need to push back? Some of the questions I missed in Bio/Biochem and Chem/Phys were just stupid errors. If it matters my Q-Packs scores are as follows:
-Bio Q-Pack 1 83%
-Bio Q-Pack 2 85%
-Chem Q-Pack 83%

Do those suggest content gaps? I've gone through the ones I got wrong and completely understand why I was wrong on them but I'm wondering how large of a content gap there is in those scores.

Lastly, do I need to push back my MCAT date?
Any help is appreciated!

Dr.Gains

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2018
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys so I got kinda wrecked harder than most on the Section Bank from the AAMC. My scores are as follows

Bio/Biochem: 79%

Chem/Phys: 75%

Psych/Soc: 71% (yikes)

I'm aiming for 130+ in these three categories but my test is only in 4 weeks. Do I need to push back? Some of the questions I missed in Bio/Biochem and Chem/Phys were just stupid errors. If it matters my Q-Packs scores are as follows:
-Bio Q-Pack 1 83%
-Bio Q-Pack 2 85%
-Chem Q-Pack 83%

Do those suggest content gaps? I've gone through the ones I got wrong and completely understand why I was wrong on them but I'm wondering how large of a content gap there is in those scores.

Lastly, do I need to push back my MCAT date?
Any help is appreciated!
You won't know until you take a FL exam.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Dr.Gains

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2018
  1. Pre-Medical
Fair enough. Are those scores good or bad for the SB and Q-Packs?
It's difficult to say because it's quite subjective. But the general consensus is that >80% on Qpacks and >70% on SB is pretty good. That's why if I were you I'd take a FL to more accurately see where I'm at.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.