Section Bank scores... do I need to push back my July 7 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoPenguinsGo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I got kinda wrecked harder than most on the Section Bank from the AAMC. My scores are as follows

Bio/Biochem: 79%

Chem/Phys: 75%

Psych/Soc: 71% (yikes)

I'm aiming for 130+ in these three categories but my test is only in 4 weeks. Do I need to push back? Some of the questions I missed in Bio/Biochem and Chem/Phys were just stupid errors. If it matters my Q-Packs scores are as follows:
-Bio Q-Pack 1 83%
-Bio Q-Pack 2 85%
-Chem Q-Pack 83%

Do those suggest content gaps? I've gone through the ones I got wrong and completely understand why I was wrong on them but I'm wondering how large of a content gap there is in those scores.

Lastly, do I need to push back my MCAT date?
Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys so I got kinda wrecked harder than most on the Section Bank from the AAMC. My scores are as follows

Bio/Biochem: 79%

Chem/Phys: 75%

Psych/Soc: 71% (yikes)

I'm aiming for 130+ in these three categories but my test is only in 4 weeks. Do I need to push back? Some of the questions I missed in Bio/Biochem and Chem/Phys were just stupid errors. If it matters my Q-Packs scores are as follows:
-Bio Q-Pack 1 83%
-Bio Q-Pack 2 85%
-Chem Q-Pack 83%

Do those suggest content gaps? I've gone through the ones I got wrong and completely understand why I was wrong on them but I'm wondering how large of a content gap there is in those scores.

Lastly, do I need to push back my MCAT date?
Any help is appreciated!
You won't know until you take a FL exam.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Fair enough. Are those scores good or bad for the SB and Q-Packs?
It's difficult to say because it's quite subjective. But the general consensus is that >80% on Qpacks and >70% on SB is pretty good. That's why if I were you I'd take a FL to more accurately see where I'm at.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk