Secure Email Services

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paulie5116

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN!

The clinical director at my graduate program asked me to look into secure email services for use in our clinic. Specifically, we need a way to contact graduate student clinicians when a client calls or for other administration purposes. I checked out Hushmail and seemed like there were a few negatives so I am wondering if there might be a better service, or if other clinics might be using Husmail with success.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Why not contact your school's IT department and see if it meets HIPPA/HITEC/etc standards? I imagine FERPA has something in there about email, and there has got to be overlap.

Why not contact your school's IT department and see if it meets HIPPA/HITEC/etc standards? I imagine FERPA has something in there about email, and there has got to be overlap.
Right! Thanks for the recommendation. However, the problem is our .edu email service is pretty terrible so basically all students have it forwarded to their gmail or another service. I know I know, could simply have students not do this, but I believe the director is looking for a solution that would not upset the students (if possible).

We just went to "Hushmail". Meets all guidelines for security.