Seeing red laser pointers/dots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanSeltzer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some posterior vitreous detachment in both eyes. I don't know if this is related, but I have also been seeing red laser pointers/dots in my vision daily for a couple of years now. It has given me a lot of fear and anxiety. Should I see an ophthalmologist about this to make sure everything is okay? I saw my optometrist two months ago and everything was fine! However (and I admit I may be a mental patient!), this did nothing to alleviate my fear, which began when I had a dream where I suddenly lost all vision in both eyes (everything went black but the dream continued). Should I go see an ophthalmologist or will I be laughed out of their office? I am considering seeing an ophthalmologist just to ease my mind! The fear is incredible!

Members don't see this ad.

I have some posterior vitreous detachment in both eyes. I don't know if this is related, but I have also been seeing red laser pointers/dots in my vision daily for a couple of years now. It has given me a lot of fear and anxiety. Should I see an ophthalmologist about this to make sure everything is okay? I saw my optometrist two months ago and everything was fine! However (and I admit I may be a mental patient!), this did nothing to alleviate my fear, which began when I had a dream where I suddenly lost all vision in both eyes (everything went black but the dream continued). Should I go see an ophthalmologist or will I be laughed out of their office? I am considering seeing an ophthalmologist just to ease my mind! The fear is incredible!

Unfortunately SDN is not the place for medical advice and it is against the rules to give any out.

Here's some life advice... If you are concerned about your health (eyes or otherwise) then see your health provider. Physicians get all kinds of complaints and I haven't met anyone yet who would "laugh you out of their office".

Best of luck.

1. No Ophthalmologist is going to laugh at a patient with a visual complaint
  2. No Ophthalmologist is going to give you medical advice on the internet

Reactions: 1 user