Which eye laser to choose?

Started by Meatlug
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Meatlug

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I am looking to get refractive eye surgeries. I have the choice of going to an in-state PRK with VISX Star S4 IR laser with iDesign 2.0, or going out-of-state to have TransPRK with a Schwind Amaris 750s. Anyone of you guys have experience with these lasers? Which one would you choose? Thank you for your kind help.
 
I would choose a nearby surgeon who can manage any potential complications of your procedure. Complications are highly unlikely but you’d want your experienced refractive surgeon close to you if they were to happen
 
I would recommend relex smile if your prescription is not too high and your cornea is not too thin.

I had my own prk with visx and I used schwind 500 e for more than 200 patients. Both of them are good devices as the others available in the market.