Selling on ebay and studying abroad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kurite

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I currently have 6 really meaningful experiences/activities for amcas but I wanted to include more. I have a question on a few activities
-I play tennis throughout the year should I include this?
-I run on a regular basis (Every other day)
-I camp on the weekends (maybe once a month)

For the first three can I use all of these as one combined activity?

Then I also have a question on if I should include that I studied abroad over the summer?
In addition I have been selling items on ebay for over 4 years as a means of making money. Should I include this as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I currently have 6 really meaningful experiences/activities for amcas but I wanted to include more. I have a question on a few activities

Then I also have a question on if I should include that I studied abroad over the summer?
In addition I have been selling items on ebay for over 4 years as a means of making money. Should I include this as well?

You sound like a boring person....

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

1. Yes. Hobbies are good to include.
2. Include study abroad.
3. Ebay thing...I guess you could include it if you want? Not sure it would add anything to the application as it's not technically employment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

The tennis/running are hobbies. If you're playing tennis year-round why wouldn't you include it? Clearly it's something you very much enjoy.

You sound like a boring person....

That was....rude.

There's a section for hobbies, so, yeah.

Depends upon what you got out of it.

If you do that, you might as well list breathing too.

In addition I have been selling items on ebay for over 4 years as a means of making money. Should I include this as well?[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 3 users
ABSOLUTELY include Ebay.

That's going to stick out, and give them something to remember you for.

Reactions: 1 users
@Goro are you saying studying abroad is like breathing or ebay?

@Goro are you saying studying abroad is like breathing or ebay?

Ebay. Goro's responses are above the quotes.

Don't include the ebay thing. That's like making an entry for holding yard sales. Unless the items you're selling are things you made. In that case, that would be more of a hobby/artistic endeavor depending on the details.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you a big time reseller by any chance? My friend's mom does it for a living, and makes a lot of money. She goes to clothing stores like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and many others where she buys lots of clothes, and sells it for a profit.

If you do this to make a living or are a Power Seller, I would include it. If you just sell the occassional item, I would leave it out.