Semester hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So,

I just got signed up for MS-1 classes and it's 42 credits (Fall semester)! Woh! Is this what the rest of you are getting?

Members don't see this ad.

So,

I just got signed up for MS-1 classes and it's 42 credits (Fall semester)! Woh! Is this what the rest of you are getting?

Yeah that sounds about right.. I'm only registered for 1st semester of M3 right now, but it adds up to 25 credits

Members don't see this ad :)
It makes sense if some of the classes are year long. I know at my school they made 1 year equal to 50 credits, but before this year they were not on a credit system. They did it strictly for billing purposes so I guess these "credit hours" are an arbitrary number someone made up.

That's what I'm thinking. The numbers defiantly don't add up. I was just curious as to if any other schools hyper-inflated their credits. We go M-F 8-12 and M 1-5 T1-3.

That's what I'm thinking. The numbers defiantly don't add up. I was just curious as to if any other schools hyper-inflated their credits. We go M-F 8-12 and M 1-5 T1-3.

Yeah, but according to the MCG's site, the 42 hours are for the 1st semester...

Do they still use credit hours to calculate your semester weighted GPA?

If one was concerened about their class standing for AOA or other reasons, then understanding the class credit hours could prove to be meaningful. I would much rather get an A in Anatomy versus biostatistics if credit hours matter.

I get the impression that credits are more for billing purposes. We start in the summer and my anatomy course is 10 weeks long and 10 credits (has embryo too). I forget what my doctoring is, but 4 or 5 sounds about right.

You just do your best. You'll find out that there is a proportional amount of work to each. It isn't like I'm studying 4 or 5 hours a day for doctoring.