Semester Off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdelucia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I was wondering how a semester off looks to medical schools. The remainder of my classes require a class as a prereq or need to be taken at the same time. The issue is that class is no longer being offered next semester. I only have two classes to take next semester (only 5 credits) and I am considering taking a gap semester. I was on track to graduate a semester early any way so this will not cause me to graduate late. I could take extra classes but I feel like it would be a waste of money.

Members don't see this ad.

i feel like they might ask why you took a semester off but that's probably the most that would happen

Many secondaries ask about gaps during or after your undergraduate education, so you'd need to explain your reasoning/what you did with the time off. As long as you are productive during the semester I'm sure it won't hurt you !

Yea bro you good. You have a legit reason, you're not doing it cause you're bored. Just make sure you do something productive in that time. Or at least say you did.;)