Send update after manuscript published or submitted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nafis64

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I let update schools that I have submitted two manuscripts for publication or wait until they actually get published which can take a couple months. What do you guys think? I know its better to wait until they get published but I am just worried about timing and I'm waiting on interviews still. Don't want to get rejected before they see my pubs.

Members don't see this ad.

Should I let update schools that I have submitted two manuscripts for publication or wait until they actually get published which can take a couple months. What do you guys think? I know its better to wait until they get published but I am just worried about timing and I'm waiting on interviews still. Don't want to get rejected before they see my pubs.

I think it may be school specific. I know Stanford says they don't care unless it has been accepted. Don't know how other schools perceive submissions.

No one cares about submissions. You can submit anything to any journal. At the very least wait until you can say "In revision" - at least then they know your paper wasn't laughed at and thrown out.