Send update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

-Goose-

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.
I recently graduated, and at the time of my initial application, I had planned to take additional classes to boost a "so-so" gpa (3.5, with very strong upward trend; probably a moment of pre-med paranoia, I know). After talking with my pre-med advisor and realizing that with all the interviews I was getting that I probably wouldn't improve my gpa or chances very much, I decided to work instead (to make $$ to pay for interviews)
To make a long story short, I was offered a job in a lab doing some cancer research and took it, in addition to working as an EMT.

I was wondering what you guys think about sending a letter to the schools I have applied to regarding my activities... Its not a LOI (obviously way too early for that sort of thing), but would this be looked down upon?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, absolutely, I would send an update letter. I did so about a week or two ago because I had some changes since my AMCAS verification (o-chem tutor, publication, & new research). Best of luck!! :)