Send update now, or later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anfleisch

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am waiting on hearing for last week of March decision. I sent a LOI back in early February already. But I have recently been selected by the faculty as student marshall for the science college at my school and nominated and selected to participate in a poster exhibition for the college. I also have been working 20-30+ hours per week on my honors thesis, which I am only listed as working 5-10 on AMCAS.

Would you send this update now, before hearing in March? Or is this too late to send now? Would I be better off saving this update for if I am waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad.

No ones got any advice on this?

That way I'd look at it is this: What do you have to lose by sending the update? The answer to me seems like nothing at all. They won't be upset that you wanted them to make an informed decision about you. It also seems to show continued interest, in my opinion.

Also look at it this way: What do you have to lose by NOT sending the update? Well, you could be potentially wait listed, and depending on WL movement, you may have lost your chance at attending the school.

All in all, I'd say send it in...there is literally no reason not to do so :thumbup:

That way I'd look at it is this: What do you have to lose by sending the update? The answer to me seems like nothing at all. They won't be upset that you wanted them to make an informed decision about you. It also seems to show continued interest, in my opinion.

Also look at it this way: What do you have to lose by NOT sending the update? Well, you could be potentially wait listed, and depending on WL movement, you may have lost your chance at attending the school.

All in all, I'd say send it in...there is literally no reason not to do so :thumbup:

Yup.