Sending letters of interest post-interview to multiple schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Throwaway05081977

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for some informed advice. I've been lucky enough to interview at a bunch of schools, a few of which I really like in particular (ofc beggars can't be choosers, and I'd happily go to almost any of them, but a few REALLY stand out).

Among these standouts, most/all of them mentioned something along the lines of "hey, at the end of your interview season if you haven't heard from us but you REALLY feel like (our school) is the one for you, let us know and tell us why!" Aka, we appreciate letters of interest. I generally think the insinuation was "if you feel like (our school) above all others is the one for you," but not all of them explicitly said that. A couple did.

My question: is there any reason not to send a letter of interest to all of the ones that I feel very strongly about? I already sent one, and thinking why the heck not do so for the other 2 or 3...? I wasn't thinking of being as explicit as "if you let me in I WILL come to your school," or even "I explicitly like your school better than EVERY other school I've been to." Rather, "I really really loved your school and could totally see myself there for XYZ reasons." Thus, not disingenuous at all in my opinion, considering they said letters of interest are welcomed... any reason not to?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Looking for some informed advice. I've been lucky enough to interview at a bunch of schools, a few of which I really like in particular (ofc beggars can't be choosers, and I'd happily go to almost any of them, but a few REALLY stand out).

Among these standouts, most/all of them mentioned something along the lines of "hey, at the end of your interview season if you haven't heard from us but you REALLY feel like (our school) is the one for you, let us know and tell us why!" Aka, we appreciate letters of interest. I generally think the insinuation was "if you feel like (our school) above all others is the one for you," but not all of them explicitly said that. A couple did.

My question: is there any reason not to send a letter of interest to all of the ones that I feel very strongly about? I already sent one, and thinking why the heck not do so for the other 2 or 3...? I wasn't thinking of being as explicit as "if you let me in I WILL come to your school," or even "I explicitly like your school better than EVERY other school I've been to." Rather, "I really really loved your school and could totally see myself there for XYZ reasons." Thus, not disingenuous at all in my opinion, considering they said letters of interest are welcomed... any reason not to?
Not unless they explicitly tell you not to, in which case you would not be doing yourself any favors. :)

Otherwise, while it certainly won't hurt, it's also probably a waste of time if they don't indicate that they are receptive to them. At the end of the day, you applied and you showed up for the interview at your own expense. It's probably safe to assume you would be interested in receiving an A without having to beg in writing! :)

Hey all,

IF they're so needy that they invite these, they deserve what they get.

Hence, send out as many LOi as needed. Be sure to reiterate why they are a good match for you, and what you bring to the table (other than good stats).