Sending out transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blacksweater

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of sending out my official transcripts using my school's online system but who should I address it to? This is what I have so far for the online system.

Mailing Name: AMCAS, Attn: Transcripts AAMC Medical School Application Services
Mailing Address 1: ??? (Should I put P.O. Box 57326)?
Mailing City: Washington, DC? or just Washington and District of Columbia is the mailing state?
Mailing Postal Code: 20037
Mailing Country: U.S.
Mailing State: I'm guessing District of Columbia

Are these information correct?
Thanks for your help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you not have the transcript request form?

Yes I do, but I also need to request a paper transcript from my school. I guess my question is does the "P.O. Box 57326" go on the Mailing Address 1 while the full Mailing Name is AMCAS, Attn: Transcripts AAMC Medical School Application Services?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I do, but I also need to request a paper transcript from my school. I guess my question is does the "P.O. Box 57326" go on the Mailing Address 1 while the full Mailing Name is AMCAS, Attn: Transcripts AAMC Medical School Application Services?

Yup!

Yes, line 1 is the street address (or in this case PO Box). Line 2 is for things like apartment numbers.

Thanks! And should I list Washington, DC as the mailing city? Or just Washington and District of Columbia would be the mailing state? Sorry this might sound like a stupid question.

Thanks! And should I list Washington, DC as the mailing city? Or just Washington and District of Columbia would be the mailing state? Sorry this might sound like a stupid question.

Lol but DC isn't a state. The mailing city is Washington, DC. :)

Yeah I was confused too, but unfortunately my school's online system requires both the mailing city and mailing state to mail out the transcript. There was a selection to put District of Columbia as the mailing state so that confused me on what I should do.

Yeah I was confused too, but unfortunately my school's online system requires both the mailing city and mailing state to mail out the transcript. There was a selection to put District of Columbia as the mailing state so that confused me on what I should do.

Oh, well, that changes things. Put that. No need to put Washington as the city.

I think you are overthinking this. Deep breath. And 1,2,3 . . .

FWIW, DC is listed under the "States" scroll down tab on online forms. Therefore, it would not be wrong to put Washington as the city and DC as the state. I did this for my transcript requests and all have arrived as of this afternoon. But make sure you put the PO Box of course.

Reactions: 1 user
FYI- the zip code tells postal services everything they need to know for sorting purposes; the "City/State" is redundant and is usually just used to double-check, so this technicality doesn't matter as long as you list the correct DC zip code and street address.

Do all transcripts need to be sent with a "Transcript Request Form" generated from AMCAS? Or is this just for the senders that don't have an electronic system?

Thanks guys. I'm guess I'll list Washington as the city and DC as the state. I guess I'm overthinking too much. And from what I know, not all transcripts need to be sent with a request form. Only those schools that are approved senders of eTranscripts don't need a request form, as their online system can accommodate your AAMC and AMCAS transcript ID #. If there's no option to list your ID #'s, then I would say send in the request form with the official paper transcript.