Sending Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medking

The time will come...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question for people that have already sent in their transcripts. I was wondering what the transcript request form (in our primary apps) is for? Does the school need to include that paper in the envelope that contains the official transcript?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's helpful for matching transcript to applicant. You should just tell them to include the form with the transcript.

AMCAS requires it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same with UCI, the school still requires it so they can put it in their file, and they send it electronically to AMCAS, which knows your school sends it that way.

So you are saying that I have to print out that form from AMCAS and give it directly to my registrar at my University and also to the registrar at the JC?

i didn't use it for any of my transcripts and AMCAS still lists them as received (mine were electronic submissions as well)

So you are saying that I have to print out that form from AMCAS and give it directly to my registrar at my University and also to the registrar at the JC?

For me I did, I faxed it to the school... I can't believe Vahe did it w/o it tho.

For me I did, I faxed it to the school... I can't believe Vahe did it w/o it tho.
there was no need to. amcas only has it there to make it easier to acquire the transcripts and get them to the write place.

the mail service in my city is notoriously slow, so i took a risk and electronically requested my school to send out my transcript. it was just verified this morning, so yeah, i don't think it's absolutely necessary. at least, i hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the butt.

damn I wouldn;t have gone through all the trouble.

AMCAS requires it.

Not quite. I called and talked to AMCAS, and they said that it isn't required. Basically they need a name and some sort of definitive identifying information (ideally a social security number) in order to verify the transcript. Since not all transcripts have SSN, they ask for the form to make it a little easier on themselves (AMCAS ID number and anything else they would need comes included with the form). If you're pressed for time at this point, I think that an electronic submission should work just fine.