Waitlisted and Sending LOI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueonion28

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I found out today that my dream school (T5) has placed me on a waitlist, and the waitlist is ranked (based on the email they sent). Last week, I was notified that I became a semifinalist for a Fulbright research grant, and I wanted to see if it would be reasonable for me to send an update about this along with an LOI to the school. If admitted off the waitlist, I will 100% choose to attend this school rather than take the Fulbright unless they request me to defer a year to take it. Does anyone have any advice about how I should go about doing this? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If admitted off the waitlist, I will 100% choose to attend this school rather than take the Fulbright unless they request me to defer a year to take it.
Congratulations!

Be careful... schools do not request you take a deferral; you have to ask for one. Also a school may not be willing to give you a deferral and may welcome you dropping off the waitlist to pursue the Fulbright.

I agree to wait until you have the Fulbright and need to decide to take it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)