Sending Update Letter After Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I email letter of update?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

ascg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently did some volunteering, is it appropriate to send an update letter about my volunteer experience, if I had my interview already ?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends upon the school and the rest of your application. If the school highly values volunteer service and if your application is lacking in volunteer service, then it may help to send the update. However, if you already have a ton of volunteer service, then I think sending the update may not help.

I wouldn't do it before you get a decision. It's unlikely that "some volunteering" is going to be significant enough to actually change the decision one way or another and you burn an opportunity to send an update letter later when you might actually need it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't do it before you get a decision. It's unlikely that "some volunteering" is going to be significant enough to actually change the decision one way or another and you burn an opportunity to send an update letter later when you might actually need it.

It was a unique experience. Does that make a difference?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

What do you mean by that? Does it look bad/annoying to send more than one update letter, say 2 or 3 months apart post-decision? Or when one letter is an update and a later letter a more detailed LOI (or vice versa)?