Senior Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Girfaroo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much can your grades fall of senior year influence med schools' decisions about you? I've gotten a few interviews so far, but I'm really hoping for more, given the number of schools I applied to. If everything goes as planned tomorrow (my last two finals), I will have one of my strongest semesters yet (with the possibility of it being my best). Will sending a new transcript in the next couple weeks be able to sway admissions committees?

Members don't see this ad.

You probably don't need to send an official transcript. Why not include in a written letter a summary of the new grades, along with updates on your ECs, and a reason why the given school is perfect for you. If a decision regarding your application is on the cusp, perhaps the letter will sway opinion in your favor. It certainly won't hurt to try, unless a school specifically forbids additional submissions.

id def send in my grades to the schools that you're most interested in, or a letter like catalystik suggested. if they're good, they can only help. even if you were to get into med school before you finished undergrad, dont slack off, bc schools do review your grades after you're done.