Senior Members?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocGibby

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Senior Members,

Just how exactly does one become a "Senior" Member around here? Number of posts, length of membership? Also, once you become a Senior Member can you achieve a higher status?

I want to be a Senior Member, also.

DocGibby

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry DocGibby, only the selected few like myself can advance to senior status.

Hehehhe...j/k, I have no idea. All I know is that I posted a message one day and I was a senior member. Cool huh?

------------------
Ryan
Western U/COMP Class of 2004
thedigitaldoctor.com

DocGIbby- You must prove yourself worthy to the Senior Members. Only then will we consider the possibility of deeming you such a Grand position.

Actually, I have no idea how.
smile.gif

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

Members don't see this ad :)
Only I determine who will become the most senior of members! I choose the ones to follow in my footsteps! It is I who holds the fate of those lowly 'members' in my hands!

YOU! DocGibby! You, with your whining "I want to be a Senior Member, also"! You shall NOT become a most exalted Senior Member until you pay homage to my GREATNESS!!! You will be relegated to the level of sycophant until you can do ONE thing, and ONE THING ONLY!!!

Just have over 25 posts...
biggrin.gif

(which, by the way, it looks as if you're well on your way to doing. Just merely reply to this message, and YOU'RE IN!!! YOU'VE MADE IT INTO THE CLUB!!! C'MON, GIBSTER! YOU CAN DO IT!!!)

[This message has been edited by Paul's Boutique (edited October 01, 1999).]

gees Docgibby, do you ALWAYS have to be the best at EVERYTHING?? Gees, you have to be the PRESIDENT,no, you can't just settle for being the VICE. you can't just be in NHS, you have to be on the board....ha, ha, ha. You know that I am just teasing ya. Don't worry, I am just a measely "member" also. mhc

If paul the great one is correct than with this post I will be bestowed upon the supreme status of "Senior" Member. I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for providing me an outlet to express my opinions on the medical school application process. If it weren't for the caring members of the Medical Student Lounge I would never have finished my first essay (DocGibby's eyes begin to water).

A special thanks you goes out to miglo and SD, whose topics I've responded to on numerous occasions. If it weren't for your topics I would probably still be stuck on 5. Thank you again.

As a member of the 25er club I promise to bestow the wisdom passed on to me to the next generation of medical students. Thank you everyone for making a difference in one pre-medical student's life. Your kind words and thoughts of encouragement have helped me get through the rough times (waiting a month for interviews).

Thank You, (DocGibby turns away from the computer to wipe his tears of joy and admiration)

DocGibby (Senior Member)

Hey DocGibby! You better watch it. Falsely repeating messages to gain Senior Status looks poor to the Senior Gods. I, too, was overwhlemed by my seniority status, and have only recently been able to control myself. Only through time, dilligence, and perserverence was I able to gain such status. Congratulations and welcome to the Top!

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

I applogize fellow senior member. It was a mistake on my part, let me explain. I'm currently using a computer built in 1990 with a processor speed around say a turtle. Making matters worse the entire network at school gets boged down big time at lunch. I actually had a different message posted but after waiting 10 minutes for the confirmation I lost the message and had to rewrite it. Then I posted what you see before you (which again took 10 minutes to post. The mouse is acting up, as well, so I clicked submit several times. The result as you see was not my intention. I have attempted to rectify the situation by deleting the errant posts. Please accept my applogy.

By the way, I think we need a secret handshake.

Doc Gibby (Senior Member)

You guys are making me laugh so much: great responses, DocGibby! (You too, SD: am I going to see you at COMP next year?)

Welcome to the club! (for whatever that's worth!!!)

Paul (exhaulted Senior Member),

I have always considered myself to possess an acute knowledge of the English language and it's vernacular. However, I don't believe I'm familiar with your usage of "sycophant." Please explain. I wish to add it to my vocabulary. Do you think I should use it in my interviews?

Also, who is the King of the "Senior" Members? The highest of the high? The big cheese?

DocGibby (Senior Member)

[This message has been edited by DocGibby (edited October 01, 1999).]

PB: SD DIDN'T even apply to WUCOMP! Shame on you SD! j/k

DocGibby: I think the big Kahuna here is Gregory Gullick, god of all that is osteopathic. Speak his holy name once at an interview and you're in.

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

Miglo,
Is that like when you get a speeding ticket and you tell the judge the "secret password from the "free masons" and he drops it? Ha ha ha. DOC-G did you get your senior member silk robe and embroidered blazer yet? If not it should be in the mail. And PB when I get to COMP can I follow you around and hold the tail of your robe so it doesn't get dirty?
SD.....
SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU!
You should come to COMP and keep Miglo away from the nursing students!
I feel special being in the "senior" section of this beautiful place.
Seniors-
Don't forget to ask for your "senior discount" from the business office. 15% off tuition...... ha ha ha.
-Rob

I feel like my status of "Senior Member" has been cheapened with the recent on-slaught of posters. I move to create a new level of achievement...maybe "Founding Member", or "Gold Circle Member", "Keeper of the Truth", something along those lines.

Ok guys I have now joined your circle...
although most of my posts are meaningful
I have just proved that it is easy enough
to become a senior member and the only connotation is that you posted 25 times.
It tells nothing of your experience or quality of posts....

mike

wooo hoooo

You quivveling lowly peasant "senior members"...it is we, the MODERATORS that weild that carress of steel! Lay low before the MODERATORS and humble theyselves where ye' curtsey!

However, the Grand Pooh-Bah[z] would be Dr. L. Burnett & Dr. J. Henderson.

wink.gif

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

[This message has been edited by OldManDave (edited October 03, 1999).]

I thought this was all based on pxxxs size.

ewagner: Thank god thats not true! I would NEVER have been a senior member if that was the criteria...

------------------
Ryan
thedigitaldoctor.com

Old man dave,

You are wise in the ways of the Medical Student Lounge. Would you please ponder my next question?

How does one become a "Moderator?" Besides the many years of sacrifice and vigilance.

DocGibby

One must be pure of heart, chaste in the ways of the flesh, the courage of a lion and a warrior extraordinaire!

ROFLMAO!

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

This is HILARIOUSLY FUNNY! Thanks for all for participated in the exchange.

------------------

rog

I think I'll mark this glorious date on my calendar. I have now joined the ranks of the mighty, the priviledged, the senior members. I feel so cool. I feel like, like, ahhh nevermind. I'll just shut up now.

smile.gif