Seniors '11 come hither!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CurrySpice

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else super excited to be graduating from undergrad?!?!?!

I feel like a real adult now :laugh:.

Seriously though, I'm on cloud nine. My grades are all in, and this means that I have no more chances to screw up my gpa! I figure that I can always get more experiences, but my academic record is harder to repair. And now I'm DONE DONE DONE!!!

😍:laugh:👍😍👍😀😀😀

.... and now onto randomly traveling the globe while applying to vet school. WIN!
 
Anyone else super excited to be graduating from undergrad?!?!?!

I feel like a real adult now :laugh:.

Congrats!!! I remember how that felt when I graduated from ugrad. Unfortunately, I'm starting all over again by taking all the vet school pre-reqs! lol

Stay safe on your travels and good luck with apps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else super excited to be graduating from undergrad?!?!?!

I feel like a real adult now :laugh:.

Seriously though, I'm on cloud nine. My grades are all in, and this means that I have no more chances to screw up my gpa! I figure that I can always get more experiences, but my academic record is harder to repair. And now I'm DONE DONE DONE!!!

😍:laugh:👍😍👍😀😀😀

.... and now onto randomly traveling the globe while applying to vet school. WIN!

Congrats!
 
Currently in the process of that 😀 Where are you going? 🙂 🙂

Hostel-backpacking around Europe, then WWOOFing in New Zealand for a few months, then 2 months at Esther Honey Vet clinic in the Cook Islands.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:😍😀

Where are you traveling???
 
I LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I even (almost) get a real summer vacation this year for the first time since about sophomore year of high school. It'll be glorious if I survive living at home without strangling a family member.
 
i'm glad to be done with undergrad, though i'm currently rather jealous of my friends that can go get their dream jobs with a bachelors or 4+1 program instead of my 4 extra years haha. that being said, i currently hate the down time i have at home. i just want to go back to school, thats what i'm good at! i also want a job for the summer but apparently no one (veterinary) wants someone who is available only until august. sigh!

to pooter-i feel your pain! my family does a great job at tempting me to strangle them! its only temporary though, right? haha
 
Hostel-backpacking around Europe, then WWOOFing in New Zealand for a few months, then 2 months at Esther Honey Vet clinic in the Cook Islands.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:😍😀

Where are you traveling???

NICE!!!!! I spent 2 months backpacking in NZ, and did HelpExchange there as well (same as WWOOFing essentially- except minus the 'organic' part lol) if you need any tips or anything on NZ let me know!! 😀 I'm now in Australia and I've been here really since July, but then went to NZ for 2 months and then came back here. I'm going to be here for a year, but gotta save money to keep traveling, I'd like to go up to S.E Asia too.... cook islands lol thats incredible! 😀
 
I am also a college graduate!!! It's super surreal. I keep sitting on my butt wondering why I don't have any assignments to do or tests to study for 😉 I'm going through school withdrawal!

I cannot believe vet school applications open next week! *SQUEEEEE*
 
Niri: I will be in Europe for about 4 weeks. We started planning about 6 months ago and have been booking flights & hostels ever since. I would feel too lazy backpacking for longer! My NZ trip will have some backpacking interspersed with working on farms.

Pooter: I think that I would go crazy living with my family again! I don't take well to intimidation tactics 😉. I was forced to live at home last summer (weekly doctor's appointments by a local specialist & no job) and I spent most of my time lurking in my room or at the local uni.

LostBunny: I may PM you once I get closer to my NZ trip. It's a little scary flying halfway around the world alone to work on some random farm! Everything I've heard about New Zealand has been lovely though so I have high hopes 🙂. I would love to hear about your trip sometime though. I will surely have some sightseeing interspersed and trying to find some non-touristy places to hide from the rugby world cup.

AllieCat: I'm still in the phase where I think vet school will be super fun 😀! Don't ruin it yet 🙁. Studying infectious diseases instead of random liberal arts classes sounds like intellectual paradise!
 
LostBunny: I may PM you once I get closer to my NZ trip. It's a little scary flying halfway around the world alone to work on some random farm! Everything I've heard about New Zealand has been lovely though so I have high hopes 🙂. I would love to hear about your trip sometime though. I will surely have some sightseeing interspersed and trying to find some non-touristy places to hide from the rugby world cup.

Def PM me whenever you need to! 😀 Its super fun to fly halfway around the world alone lol... and you'll realize you're never really alone when traveling *especially* when you are hosteling it! Make sure you bring flip flops to shower in... 😉

And baaah, the cup will be awesome! You definately have to go to a pub at sometime during the games- are you going to be there in Sept for the actual cup? Or is it in October... no matter- PM me/msg/email, I love travel talk lol and I'd love love to discuss NZ 😀
 
Congrats to you all! I'm so excited to be done, hahaha, though I'll actually really miss my research...

If anyone's heading up to Alaska, lemme know. I figured I could work/vacation at the same time, and now I'm on a farm playing with musk-oxen most of the time. It's AWESOME.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduate a week from tomorrow. Yikes! Today was my last day at work and that, more than classes ending, made me realize that I won't be here in fall. It's so weird.
 
I graduated May 20 and started work the next week. It's just work for me and getting vet school stuff done at my leisure over the summer months. I'm leaving here a little over a week in advance of the first day of vet school classes and taking the time to settle in, hang out with my boyfriend for the last time before he heads home and hopefully do some Canadian beaching 😀
 
Well, with my last final this morning I am officially done with undergrad 😀 I pushed really hard for straight As this quarter to hopefully bring me up one level in Latin Honors, so we'll see if I made it! I'm super happy to be done, other than the whole week of doing absolutely nothing I have before graduation on Sunday, when I will be chucking the official deuce to undergrad. Congrats to everyone else, and I can't wait to see how we all fare this fall!!