Sent in my primary application, letters, and CV. Now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOzealot

Osteopathic Applicant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have filled out my AACOMAS app, and sent it to 14 schools. I also sent them 3 letters of rec, one from a science professor, one from another faculty member, and another from a DO. I also sent in my CV. I have three questions:

Will they read my CV? I felt like there were things (like shadowing hours) that I could not include on the AACOMAS anywhere.

Is it okay that my other faculty member is nonscience and not my advisor?

What should I do next?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have filled out my AACOMAS app, and sent it to 14 schools. I also sent them 3 letters of rec, one from a science professor, one from another faculty member, and another from a DO. I also sent in my CV. I have three questions:

Will they read my CV? I felt like there were things (like shadowing hours) that I could not include on the AACOMAS anywhere.

Is it okay that my other faculty member is nonscience and not my advisor?

What should I do next?

Thanks!!!

They might read your CV after you send your secondary. But don't count on it. MWU (AZCOM & CCOM) require CVs as part of the secondary application though, so I presume they read them.

Yes, you don't need a letter from an advisor.

You should go to the school specific threads and pre-write secondary essays so you can submit them as soon as you receive them.

They might read your CV after you send your secondary. But don't count on it. MWU (AZCOM & CCOM) require CVs as part of the secondary application though, so I presume they read them.

Yes, you don't need a letter from an advisor.

You should go to the school specific threads and pre-write secondary essays so you can submit them as soon as you receive them.
+1 This... try and get to know a little bit more about how this process works by skimming through the threads, it will help alot.

Thanks! @dntke1518, my goal is KCOM, that's where all of my family members have gone. How do you like it?

I have been reviewing the threads alot but I didn't see much of this specific stuff so I thought I'd just ask. Just joined last night though, so I've got a lot of reading to do. Appreciate the quick feedback!