-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
sep 19 , 21,28 score thread
Started by pcat 95
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was wondering if anyone knew if the official PCAT scores are mailed or just available online? Thanks.
I took it on 9/28, My preliminary score report showed:
VA: 60
Bio: 98
RC: 91
QA: 71
Chem:81
Composite: 90
I don't know how I got a 60 on VA, I hope it doesn't look too bad
VA: 60
Bio: 98
RC: 91
QA: 71
Chem:81
Composite: 90
I don't know how I got a 60 on VA, I hope it doesn't look too bad
I took it on 9/28, My preliminary score report showed:
VA: 60
Bio: 98
RC: 91
QA: 71
Chem:81
Composite: 90
I don't know how I got a 60 on VA, I hope it doesn't look too bad
I highly doubt it's going to cause any problems for you. Your test is otherwise pretty well-rounded, and your Composite is great.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone knew if the official PCAT scores are mailed or just available online? Thanks.
Just available online. They should, if I remember correctly, e-mail saying official ones are available now on your profile.
I took it on 9/28, My preliminary score report showed:
VA: 60
Bio: 98
RC: 91
QA: 71
Chem:81
Composite: 90
I don't know how I got a 60 on VA, I hope it doesn't look too bad
I don't know what was going on with the VA on the 9/28 test. The first time I took the PCAT I got a 95 on VA, on 9/28 I got a 76. I was quite surprised by the drop.
VA 68
Bio 94
RC 57
QA 64
Chem 98 < my strong suite for sure
Composite 88
The composite is good, but its all thanks to bio and chem. What do you guys think? should I retake??
Oh yeah and my GPA is 3.85.
I don't have a BS though just did all the pre-reqs
I've worked at a pharmacy for about 6 months also
Bio 94
RC 57
QA 64
Chem 98 < my strong suite for sure
Composite 88
The composite is good, but its all thanks to bio and chem. What do you guys think? should I retake??
Oh yeah and my GPA is 3.85.
I don't have a BS though just did all the pre-reqs
I've worked at a pharmacy for about 6 months also
VA 68
Bio 94
RC 57
QA 64
Chem 98 < my strong suite for sure
Composite 88
The composite is good, but its all thanks to bio and chem. What do you guys think? should I retake??
Oh yeah and my GPA is 3.85.
I don't have a BS though just did all the pre-reqs
I've worked at a pharmacy for about 6 months also
Honestly, I think you have a better chance of getting into Pharmacy School than I do.
That's very kind of you to say DH1987! It looks to me like you had a very well rounded test though! A 99 i bio is something to be very proud of. Let's hope that we ALL make it pharmacy school and look back and laugh about how we worried 😛
Hi all,
Thought I would share my scores, although it isn't a high score (+90) like a lot of you guys (congrats btw 🙂) but it was a great improvement for me from my first attempt at the PCATs back in Jan 2011.
Jan 2011 scores:
VA: 409/63
BIO: 421/80
RC: 386/24
QA: 406/52
CH: 383/20
Composite: 401/45
Sept 2011 scores:
VA: 409/63
BIO: 429/87
RC: 409/60
QA: 430/85
CH: 438/90 (soo happy 🙂!)
Composite: 423/84
My January scores were a big shocker for me and an indication that I was sucking pretty bad at chemistry. This time around I gave myself two months to study, had my Dr. Collin's test prep, my lovely general chemistry textbook, and the three Pearson practice exams. I read through most chapters in my gen chem textbook -- IMO if you're having a hard time with the chem section it really helps to go back to your textbook and take the time to understand the concepts and theories; it doesn't help to try memorizing equations and laws and stuff if you don't have a good thorough understanding of the background information. Dr. Collin's chem section provides a really solid outline of all the chemistry you need to know, but it's only an outline; use it in conjunction with your textbook if you're not getting something! Also, IMO the Dr. Collin's chemistry practice exams are the closest to the chemistry on the PCATs. So it really helped me to take all the practice exams timed and go over what I got wrong and take it again. As for the other sections like VA and RC, I used the Dr. Collin's practice test, wish I scored higher for those but I don't know if I'll be retaking.. And for QA and BIO I just used Dr. Collin's, taking the practice exams and timing myself. I think it's important to time yourself while you're taking your practice exams, you really want to have a solid feeling for how far along each section you are at a certain time limit. Granted, I timed myself for the QA but on the recent PCATs, my timing went out the window.. SOO crazy hard, was not prepared for that but it turned out okay 🙂
Anyways, just wanted to share; there is hope for all ya'll who may not have done as great as they wished. Good luck to you all 🙂!!
Thought I would share my scores, although it isn't a high score (+90) like a lot of you guys (congrats btw 🙂) but it was a great improvement for me from my first attempt at the PCATs back in Jan 2011.
Jan 2011 scores:
VA: 409/63
BIO: 421/80
RC: 386/24
QA: 406/52
CH: 383/20
Composite: 401/45
Sept 2011 scores:
VA: 409/63
BIO: 429/87
RC: 409/60
QA: 430/85
CH: 438/90 (soo happy 🙂!)
Composite: 423/84
My January scores were a big shocker for me and an indication that I was sucking pretty bad at chemistry. This time around I gave myself two months to study, had my Dr. Collin's test prep, my lovely general chemistry textbook, and the three Pearson practice exams. I read through most chapters in my gen chem textbook -- IMO if you're having a hard time with the chem section it really helps to go back to your textbook and take the time to understand the concepts and theories; it doesn't help to try memorizing equations and laws and stuff if you don't have a good thorough understanding of the background information. Dr. Collin's chem section provides a really solid outline of all the chemistry you need to know, but it's only an outline; use it in conjunction with your textbook if you're not getting something! Also, IMO the Dr. Collin's chemistry practice exams are the closest to the chemistry on the PCATs. So it really helped me to take all the practice exams timed and go over what I got wrong and take it again. As for the other sections like VA and RC, I used the Dr. Collin's practice test, wish I scored higher for those but I don't know if I'll be retaking.. And for QA and BIO I just used Dr. Collin's, taking the practice exams and timing myself. I think it's important to time yourself while you're taking your practice exams, you really want to have a solid feeling for how far along each section you are at a certain time limit. Granted, I timed myself for the QA but on the recent PCATs, my timing went out the window.. SOO crazy hard, was not prepared for that but it turned out okay 🙂
Anyways, just wanted to share; there is hope for all ya'll who may not have done as great as they wished. Good luck to you all 🙂!!
Hi all,
Thought I would share my scores, although it isn't a high score (+90) like a lot of you guys (congrats btw 🙂) but it was a great improvement for me from my first attempt at the PCATs back in Jan 2011.
Congrats! A 84 Comp with a 90 Chem and 85 QA is a great score. That is definitely an appreciable amount above average for any school. You should be good to go when you apply.
And dont worry about the 90+'s that are out there. Honestly, I really have no clue how I got over 90...
I can't remember the raw scores, but here's the percentiles I got for my Sep 14th scores (I think it was the 14th.... Took it on a Wednesday). I studied from Dr. Collins and bought the pearson's online practice tests, the score range pearson gave me was around a 70th percentile
VA - 68%
BIO- 99%
CH - 91%
RC - 75%
QA - 74%
COMP - 92%
I think I might have gotten better if I got more than 3 hours of sleep the night before.... But I can't complain since this was my first time taking it 🙂
VA - 68%
BIO- 99%
CH - 91%
RC - 75%
QA - 74%
COMP - 92%
I think I might have gotten better if I got more than 3 hours of sleep the night before.... But I can't complain since this was my first time taking it 🙂
Alright just got my final scores for Sept 21 2011 😀
VA - 77
Bio- 96
RC- 63
QA- 34 🙁
Chem 81
Comp 80
Writing Section: 3.5/3.0 (This a good score? Higher then average is good right? lol)
I'm happy with the composite wish that QA was higher though but my bio and chem were pretty strong so hopefully that gets me looked at 😀
VA - 77
Bio- 96
RC- 63
QA- 34 🙁
Chem 81
Comp 80
Writing Section: 3.5/3.0 (This a good score? Higher then average is good right? lol)
I'm happy with the composite wish that QA was higher though but my bio and chem were pretty strong so hopefully that gets me looked at 😀
Hey guys, I got my official scores today from September 19th, I got the same as the preliminary but the usual 3/3 on the writing. I made a screencap because I'm too lazy to write it out 😛
Last edited:
As I sit here hating myself for that math score you made me feel a little better 🙂 hopefully I can still get an interview or two so I can sell myself aside from my qa score. Not losing all hope yet.
Most schools look for a comp score of 75, so I think you are fine. The average score at Midwestern last year was a 73. If it makes you feel better I got a 31! 🙁 I am horrible at standarized tests and the time crunch stressed me out (I have a 3.6 GPA, so I know I am not below average).
Most schools look for a comp score of 75, so I think you are fine. The average score at Midwestern last year was a 73. If it makes you feel better I got a 31! 🙁 I am horrible at standarized tests and the time crunch stressed me out (I have a 3.6 GPA, so I know I am not below average).
Yea, that score kills me because despite what it looks like I am actually quite good at math. I have always gotten As in every math course I have taken. I didn't practice timing myself for that because I did for chem and had 15 mins left over. I figured it would be similar for math, but the wordiness of most of the beginning problems really threw me for a loop as far as staying on time. I got a LOR from my calculus teacher to vouch for me though. Hopefully that is good enough.
It also sucked to find out from my friend who took it the same day that the last problems were straight forward "solve" kinda problems, and I didnt even get a chance to guess on them (Guess I should have looked at the timer more often) But hey, it is what it is. The waiting game is already killing me. I sent PharmCAS, but none of my deadlines are until December.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm took it on the 28th for me.
Verbal 97
Bio 84
Reading Comp 54 (T_T)
Quantitative 81
Chemistry 98
Composite 94
Yeah I thought I was prepared for the RC part of this test, but when I got in the test... I lost focus a couple times and had to reread a passage multiple times. Panic attack =(
Glad I got in the 90s though. I was just hoping for that!
Verbal 97
Bio 84
Reading Comp 54 (T_T)
Quantitative 81
Chemistry 98
Composite 94
Yeah I thought I was prepared for the RC part of this test, but when I got in the test... I lost focus a couple times and had to reread a passage multiple times. Panic attack =(
Glad I got in the 90s though. I was just hoping for that!