Sept 12-13 MCAT club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright folks! ima gonna take the initiative to start up the 9/12-13 mcat club

How's everybody doing in preparation for the exam? Let's hear it :)

Members don't see this ad.

did tpr practice tests 1-8 and aamc 3-8. I don't know what else to do other than just take practice tests and look at my mistakes. Not really doing much practice problems. Rereading some material. How about you?

Just took a FL and seems ok. Need to touch more up on VR though. I just have the hardest time with this. Reading comprehension is just not my strength so I really need to start focusing on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to raise it up??? GOOD LUCK WITH STUDYING!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still have 4 more AAMCs to go. Figure I'll take 2 next week and 2 the next. Just going over some material, freaking out on verbal. I'm not exactly where i want to be yet on my overall score, and haven't been too consistent on my aamcs.

Damn, I feel a little behind. Doing my first AAMC tomorrow but hopefully I won't have to do anymore heavy content review from then on. Will probably do about 3 FLs in 4 days until the test date. It sounds a little hectic but I did it with the TPR tests before so hopefully it goes well!

I took the April 18th exam and it was ridiculously hard. I hope it's better this time around. I'm taking the last 5 Kaplan test over the next two weeks. My verbal is also weak. It's a hit or miss with me. We'll see how it feels on the actual. Good luck.

I took the April 18th exam and it was ridiculously hard. I hope it's better this time around. I'm taking the last 5 Kaplan test over the next two weeks. My verbal is also weak. It's a hit or miss with me. We'll see how it feels on the actual. Good luck.

why kaplan? Shouldnt we be focused on AAMC right now? or just in case the real test is somehow harder than aamc...maybe I should do a few kaplan tests too.

I'm going to warn everyone right now about the real mcat. The aamc tests are way easier. You will be blown away if you go into the exam thinking it's going to be similiar to any of the aamc exams you took. Not trying to discourage anyone, I'm simply stating my own personal opinion. Then again I heard the mcat fluctuates in difficulty, but I seriously doubt that it will be as straightforward as any of the aamc exams.

I'm going to warn everyone right now about the real mcat. The aamc tests are way easier. You will be blown away if you go into the exam thinking it's going to be similiar to any of the aamc exams you took. Not trying to discourage anyone, I'm simply stating my own personal opinion. Then again I heard the mcat fluctuates in difficulty, but I seriously doubt that it will be as straightforward as any of the aamc exams.

This train of thought seems to be very prevalent, but then I go on to read how people score what they averaged on the their AAMC exams over and over again, and somehow these two ideas don't jive to me. There are a lot of people scoring 40s or higher on this board (well not a lot, but a disproportionate number compared to your average Joe MCATwriter) and I have yet to find anyone averaging like 43s on their practice exams (and believe me I look because posts like yours freak me out to no end when my last 39 on a practice exam is obviously indicative of the fact that I will score a 33). If these tests are so much harder than the practice materials it seems there should be people dropping 45s on the AAMC exams left and right and still scoring less than 40s because the difference between a 45 and a 39 is on the order of roughly 10 questions or 1 in every 14.2 (a certainly reasonable number of questions to get wrong for even your average super genius on an incredibly difficult exam). Let's not even mention the people that are scoring roughly 30-33s on their practice exams, as given the incredible difficulty of the real MCAT they obviously don't stand a chance and should probably cancel their test dates now, right?

I don't mean any contempt by this post, but it's just very annoying when people come in here and say things like this that will obviously work-up others in their last few weeks of studying. Do any of you think that maybe, just maybe, its the fact that it's not the test, but rather it's you? I know you're just trying to be cautionary and offer help, but the rantings of a nervous pre-med, especially at this stage in the game where there is only so much one can do in the less than 2 weeks until the exam, are not helping anyone.

Just be as prepared as you possibly can be and enter the testing room confident in that you made your honest-to-god best effort in preperation. Generally things fall into place pretty neatly after that.

I'm taking the Sept. 13th exam as well (re-taker from Jan. 25). For the past month, I've been doing practice problems and tests but I'm still shaky in PS. I'm just going to keep at it and hope for the best. Good Luck everyone:)

there are no open seats left for the 12th or 13th test ANYWHERE in the states of MD, VA, PA, and DE.
WTF do i do????
ANY suggestions? (criticism not welcome or necessary, please)

yeahh so i already took the test in july and now..since i have no more prac tests left ive just been doing prac problems and taking drills from the kaplan online stuff. is this bad? should i find prac tests? ...i dont really have anymore ive taken AAMC and kaplan already...i mean i guess i could take aamc again but then thats not very accurate is it?

there are no open seats left for the 12th or 13th test ANYWHERE in the states of MD, VA, PA, and DE.
WTF do i do????
ANY suggestions? (criticism not welcome or necessary, please)

Buck up and take it Jan? You're not applying this cycle are you?

Nine to ten days to go ... the final stretch! Keep doing what you are doing, don't give up now! It's time to take those last couple of practice tests, review them like crazy, and start believing that you can score EXACTLY what you want on this monster. :luck:!

Status
Not open for further replies.