Serious Advise On Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peds888

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
pppppppppppppppppppppp

Members don't see this ad.

This is a tough one to answer. Do you have mitigating reasons for why your grades were so low, death in the family, loss of a job? Why did you do so poorly?

I think it's a matter of maturity and ethics to report the grades. If you've done well since then and turned yourself around then your grades will balance out.

Can they catch you? No, there is no centralized place that records where you've taken classes. Especially, considering that you've never transferred these classes for credits at another school where you are submitting transcripts from. If you did transfer them, then you have to send original transcript. But if these grades are out there, by themself, not on any other transcript then you'll never get caught. AMCAS is all about the money. They were not created as an altruistic agency to help medical schools. This organization was created to make money. They are a for profit organization, so they are not going to spend lots of money hiring a crack pot team of investigators to look into our lives. They just have people working for 7.60 an hour checking to make sure our grades match up with our transcripts. Basic data entry!

But it's about integrity, it's built on honesty. And it's the right thing to do. You need to ask yourself what you want to do and how you're going to define yourself. :(

Originally posted by peds888
Hi guys,

I started a post-bac program but didn't do too well. I won't be continuing it. I only did ONE semester of it.

Do I have to put the grades for this semester in my med school application? Would med school ever know if I don't list that program on my application? Please help!!!

Depress

I think you have to report it.