Serious Employment History Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPain

OHSU 2010 WooHoo!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't kept strict records of all the documents indicating my tenure at various jobs i've held. Will medical school request these documents as verification for the work/ activities section. If they do, is it possible to obtain all this information through a background check and then forward that document to medical schools? Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

DrPain said:
I haven't kept strict records of all the documents indicating my tenure at various jobs i've held. Will medical school request these documents as verification for the work/ activities section. If they do, is it possible to obtain all this information through a background check and then forward that document to medical schools? Thanks guys.

No, don't worry about it. About the only thing that comes out of this is that someone at an interview may ask you about the work/activity. Just estimate the timeframe and I wouldn't put more that 3 or 4 jobs down at the most. Good luck!

DrPain said:

A simple social security number lookup can verify past work experience.. credit institutions, academic institutions, etc can do this.. I doubt the Hours obviously won't be tracked for you though..

You can look at your W-2 tax forms since you have to send your latest one for residency determination in some states.. That can give you an idea of when you worked too.. plus you can divide salary earned by hourly pay to get the hours you worked..

However, they don't care that you don't remember what you did 10 years ago.. however.. not remembering what you did last year might bite you in the ass when trying to memorize things in med school