seriously need advice plz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dfymarine

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey folks,

I just found out that I have gotten D+ for Biochem 2 and C for cell bio. and all A on other upper-division Bio courses, like the microbiology. For the past few years, I have gotten Cs in physics 2 and Orgo. Until now, I finally learned that I need to change my study habit and put extra effort into it. Furthermore, I am currently a Junior and will be enrolling as a senior in the fall semester majoring in biochemistry.

For this summer, I am working about 20 hours a week and studying 7 hours for MCAT with two hours at the gym. Is 7 hours enough for the MCAT everyday? Since I know I won't be able to get into the med school next year, so I am taking the MCAT around end of the Aug. and start of Sept.

In order to improve my science GPA, I have registered many upper division Bio courses such as the neurobio, cancer bio, cell signaling and so on in addition to the statistics ( it will be counted to science GPA, right?). I am confident that I will do well in those courses, since I have tried my new study habit last few weeks to be able to ace the microbiology final and Human evolution final. ( How I wish to use it at the beginning of the freshman year, and it took almost 3 years to change about it... sigh..:()

and I am planning to stay one more year to retake those courses and I have gotten Cs and D.

What do you make of it? is it a good plan to prove myself? please give your opinions, suggestions and advices. I would be very much grateful.

Thank you in advance

D

Members don't see this ad.

1) What is you BCPM GPA?

2) What is your cumulative GPA?

3) What are you scoring on your practice tests?

4) How many credits have you taken?

science GPA: 2.8
Overall GPA: 3.2
Practice MCAT: 29
Credits taken so far: around 95s