SESAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HouseHead

Powdered Floor Queen
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I never got through SESAP 14. For those of you who did both 14 & 15, is it worth it to finish 14 or should I just start on 15 and forget about 14? I'm a mid-level gen surg resident now.

Members don't see this ad.

So I never got through SESAP 14. For those of you who did both 14 & 15, is it worth it to finish 14 or should I just start on 15 and forget about 14? I'm a mid-level gen surg resident now.
I'm a fan of doing lots of MCQs.

However, bear in mind that some of the management does change over time and that answers will be different to the same topics between SESAP versions. I've been working through SESAP 15 and see changes in axillary management of lymph nodes for breast cancer (because of Z-011) and non-op management of appendicitis. Make sure that you are aware of the differences.

CME for SESAP 15 will be offered until October 2017, so if you wait until then to do the CME test, you can use those CMEs when you get out into practice - assuming you will be done with training by then (many state licenses renew every 2 years, and you will use CMEs from that time frame).

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep working on 14 for now then.

Reactions: 1 user