Setting up away rotations... Qualitative v. Quantitative Hep B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Geraltofrivia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The AAMC standardized immunization form asks for "Quantitative" Hepatitis B Surface Antibody. My PCP ordered the qualitative anyway. For other reasons, somebody else ordered a Hep B Core antibody assay and it came back negative. Is it thus safe for me to just attach that page as an addendum to document my status as I proceed to submit this form, or must I have the quantitative test??

Members don't see this ad.

The AAMC standardized immunization form asks for "Quantitative" Hepatitis B Surface Antibody. My PCP ordered the qualitative anyway. For other reasons, somebody else ordered a Hep B Core antibody assay and it came back negative. Is it thus safe for me to just attach that page as an addendum to document my status as I proceed to submit this form, or must I have the quantitative test??

nope, gotta have quantitative, that core antibody assay won't cut it

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks for that response. I just hope I can get this stuff in to VSAS and get my aways set up asap... fml.

Edit: I saw that you had somebody who just wrote " > whatever minimum"

If I have somebody do that for me, will that be okay? Did it work out for you???

Thanks for that response. I just hope I can get this stuff in to VSAS and get my aways set up asap... fml.

If I have somebody do that for me, will that be okay? Did it work out for you???

Don't know the answer to this, but it's less time-consuming to just go ahead and get the quant drawn then to risk submitting the paperwork, getting turned away and having to start the process all over.

Basically they wrote it so it read however it needed to read to pass muster. Yes, it flew because it came from a medical provider. Not every provider would be willing to provide such "proof" and in my case it was enough.

You should just get the quantitative if you can.

As I said, in my case, it was expensive, I got the documentation I needed, and I haven't been bothered by it since.