Setting up your own APPE (in NYC?)

Started by goodfellas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goodfellas

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone had experience in setting up an out-of-network APPE, preferably in NYC. I would like to use an elective to get an extra inpatient experience in really any specialty area. I kind of would like to explore a VA (I know Bronx has one with PGY1 and 2) but beggars can't be choosers. My best friend lives in Astoria, and 6 weeks in NYC is something I've always desired to try out. I'll be a P3 in 9 days, and I was advised to basically start setting things up this summer. Feel free to message me with any tips!

Thanks in advance! 🙂
 
Anyone who goes to a NY school and can recommend a quality preceptor would also be appreciated