SF Bay Area residencies

Started by mmHg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mmHg

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Im a 3rd year in CA and really wanted to do my residency in the San Francisco Bay Area. I passed part 1 first time, got 2 clerkships in the bay area. I hear alot that the bay area is super competitive. I have a 3.4 and was published with tons of clubs, and was wondering if thats compeitive. Im competent in clinic too, but feel my grades dont reflect my knowledge, I had some hiccups second year. Anyway, any input would be nice!
 
If I were in your shoes I would go talk to some faculty members. They can put you in touch with the residency directors. In fact, why not go visit the residencies that you are thinking of? I am a first year and have been talking to a resident at Kaiser Vallejo and he said he would be happy to let me take some rounds with him.