You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SFSU 2019-2020 POSTBAC
Started by s4dg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! I also applied. They reached out due to some missing transcripts back in the beginning of April and were very nice and helpful. Haven't heard anything since and there's nothing new on my portal. Are they still doing interviews?Hello, I applied for Fall of 2020. Still haven’t received anything besides that my application made it to the review process. Hopefully, all goes well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bibinanna
New Member
I haven’t received any update so far. I was wondering if I should call to see when they will be sending out interview invitations. I was reading past years forums and it seems that for the fall applications interviews held in June.Hi! I also applied. They reached out due to some missing transcripts back in the beginning of April and were very nice and helpful. Haven't heard anything since and there's nothing new on my portal. Are they still doing interviews?
The deadline just passed so maybe they are working out what to do with interviews since of COVID. Lets hope for the best and please update us if you find out anything!I haven’t received any update so far. I was wondering if I should call to see when they will be sending out interview invitations. I was reading past years forums and it seems that for the fall applications interviews held in June.
BillyBaggins
Full Member
I have applied since November 2019, called numerous times, and not once were they able to help. I haven't heard back from anyone. Nothing has changed on my portal as well. At this point, I give up.
dont give up! im sure theyll be contacting people from here on out pretty soon!I have applied since November 2019, called numerous times, and not once were they able to help. I haven't heard back from anyone. Nothing has changed on my portal as well. At this point, I give up.
I'd recommend emailing them, asking for an update! The office is closed as everyone is working from home.dont give up! im sure theyll be contacting people from here on out pretty soon!
BillyBaggins
Full Member
I have been calling since January/February, way before COVID19. I even sent an email during the pandemic and was told I should hear back in 2 weeks but nothing. I've don't all I could.I'd recommend emailing them, asking for an update! The office is closed as everyone is working from home.
Hopefully we hear back soon.. The only time I've spoke to them was when they reached out to be in regards to missing documents. They were extremely responsive and everything was resolved in like an hour. Haven't heard anything after that! I had some questions in regards to my LORs and how to send them before the pandemic and they were also very responsive.I have been calling since January/February, way before COVID19. I even sent an email during the pandemic and was told I should hear back in 2 weeks but nothing. I've don't all I could.
Bibinanna
New Member
So good news.. they emailed saying that they have received my transcript entry application. I submit it with my application a month ago. They also included that they are in the process of reviewing applications and hope to send out their decisions soon Therefore keeping an eye out for any admission emails... I hope for future good new.
Thanks for updating us! Do you know if theyre just sending out admission decisions or interview invites?So good news.. they emailed saying that they have received my transcript entry application. I submit it with my application a month ago. They also included that they are in the process of reviewing applications and hope to send out their decisions soon Therefore keeping an eye out for any admission emails... I hope for future good new.
Bibinanna
New Member
The email did not specify. But I believe it will be interview invitations.
Thanks for updating us! Do you know if theyre just sending out admission decisions or interview invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y
Thanks for the updates!!! Good luck to you!Just got my interview invite for the Fall semester start! So for those who applied for fall, you should be expecting those emails soon. Good luck everyone !
Hello! I just received an interview for SFSU. Can I ask about your interview experience?Just got an interview invite. Woo!
I went in super nervous, but honestly it's really relaxed. The director and alumni of the program who you get to meet are incredibly nice. There's 1 one-on-one interview, and 1 group interview. Neither were particularly challenging.. they were more like conversations with the interviewer and the other interviewees. They highly stress collaboration. Just be yourself and you should be fine!Hello! I just received an interview for SFSU. Can I ask about your interview experience?
Hi! Just curious, when did you submit your application?Hello! I just received an interview for SFSU. Can I ask about your interview experience?
Hello! I submitted it in the latter half of April. If I had to guess a day maybe 4/23?Hi! Just curious, when did you submit your application?
Thank you for the insight!I went in super nervous, but honestly it's really relaxed. The director and alumni of the program who you get to meet are incredibly nice. There's 1 one-on-one interview, and 1 group interview. Neither were particularly challenging.. they were more like conversations with the interviewer and the other interviewees. They highly stress collaboration. Just be yourself and you should be fine!
michylly03
Full Member
Has anyone else heard anything back about the interview invites? My app on SFGATE still says "You have met the minimum university requirement, and is being reviewed by the selected program." I am applying for the Fall 20 admission, but I am getting worried.
My SFGATE status says that too. I haven't heard anything back yet 🙁Has anyone else heard anything back about the interview invites? My app on SFGATE still says "You have met the minimum university requirement, and is being reviewed by the selected program." I am applying for the Fall 20 admission, but I am getting worried.
Bibinanna
New Member
May i ask where you see this status?My SFGATE status says that too. I haven't heard anything back yet 🙁
michylly03
Full Member
May i ask where you see this status?
SFSU Security Redirect Page you should login to that website and go to admission status for your app updates 🙂
michylly03
Full Member
My SFGATE status says that too. I haven't heard anything back yet 🙁
I hope we both hear back soon! 🙂
I saw on another thread that they seem to do multiple interview days. so I'm thinking they are going to roll out interview invites until they fill the cohort for fall 2020My SFGATE status says that too. I haven't heard anything back yet 🙁
michylly03
Full Member
I saw on another thread that they seem to do multiple interview days. so I'm thinking they are going to roll out interview invites until they fill the cohort for fall 2020
Just curious, did your SFGATE status changed prior to receiving the interview invite?
Hello, tbh I didn't check it that often. I just logged on and under "Application Status" it still saysJust curious, did your SFGATE status changed prior to receiving the interview invite?
You have met the minimum university admission requirements, and your application is currently being reviewed by your selected academic program.
So I'm thinking they don't change this until you've been accepted
Hey guys! New to this thread. But I just received an email last night for an interview! There is still hope guys 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bibinanna
New Member
Congrats!! May I ask when you submitted your application?Hey guys! New to this thread. But I just received an email last night for an interview! There is still hope guys 🙂
michylly03
Full Member
Hi! Any updates that anyone can share?
Thank you! I submitted it on April 29th.Congrats!! May I ask when you submitted your application?
Hi all, just wanted to share some info for reference.
I submitted my application 4/26 and received an interview invite 6/10!
I submitted my application 4/26 and received an interview invite 6/10!
Hi guys, update I just had the interview this morning. Like frisco mentioned it is very relaxed and for my session there were a total of 4 interview sessions. One was a one on one with an alumni where you are given a scenario, and the other 3 were group interviews (you, one other student and an alumni). I thought it was very relaxed and definitely demonstrates if you can get along with everyone there by doing the activities/discussions together
Mine was 3 interviews. One with the program director and the other two with students. It was very relaxed and honestly somewhat fun.Hi guys, update I just had the interview this morning. Like frisco mentioned it is very relaxed and for my session there were a total of 4 interview sessions. One was a one on one with an alumni where you are given a scenario, and the other 3 were group interviews (you, one other student and an alumni). I thought it was very relaxed and definitely demonstrates if you can get along with everyone there by doing the activities/discussions together
Mine was also 3 interviews as well. It was probably one of the most relaxing interviews I've ever had lolMine was 3 interviews. One with the program director and the other two with students. It was very relaxed and honestly somewhat fun.
Same! Like even if I don't get it, it was such a chill and good experience for an interview. Btw have you heard back from SFSU yet?Mine was also 3 interviews as well. It was probably one of the most relaxing interviews I've ever had lol
I totally agree, and I haven't heard anything yet! They said within 2 weeks so I am keeping my eyes open and will give an update when I do 🙂Same! Like even if I don't get it, it was such a chill and good experience for an interview. Btw have you heard back from SFSU yet?
Same I'm hoping to hear back soon! Are you doing SFSU Career changer or Academic Enhancement?I totally agree, and I haven't heard anything yet! They said within 2 weeks so I am keeping my eyes open and will give an update when I do 🙂
I applied for academic enhancer, what about you?Same I'm hoping to hear back soon! Are you doing SFSU Career changer or Academic Enhancement?
I applied for career changer. I wonder if your were in my interview since it was made up of CC and AE studentsI applied for academic enhancer, what about you?
it's possible! I had my interview on Saturday at 1pmI applied for career changer. I wonder if your were in my interview since it was made up of CC and AE students
I had mine the previous Saturday at 10:00am. Anywho, I wish you the very best of luck!!it's possible! I had my interview on Saturday at 1pm
You too! And good luck to everyone else!I had mine the previous Saturday at 10:00am. Anywho, I wish you the very best of luck!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Update everyone!! Just got the email that I got in. I'm excited because the program seemed to put a lot of emphasis on collaboration and working with others. The general vibe of the students and school was very relaxed which was appreicated.
BUTTTT now I'm super stressed because I'm now deciding between Cal State Fullerton, SFSU, and Cal State East Bay's post bacc programs. If anyone has any thoughts or advice or anything I'd appreciate it bc I'm confused af.
BUTTTT now I'm super stressed because I'm now deciding between Cal State Fullerton, SFSU, and Cal State East Bay's post bacc programs. If anyone has any thoughts or advice or anything I'd appreciate it bc I'm confused af.
Bibinanna
New Member
Hello everyone! First all, congrats to all those who were admitted!
I have a bit of a concern. I haven’t heard back from the program besides that they have received my application. I guess I’m a bit impatient and worried of rejection (which is okay, I’ll try again if that’s the case). But I was wondering if anyone else is also in this situation. Have rejections been sent out already?
I have a bit of a concern. I haven’t heard back from the program besides that they have received my application. I guess I’m a bit impatient and worried of rejection (which is okay, I’ll try again if that’s the case). But I was wondering if anyone else is also in this situation. Have rejections been sent out already?
Hey there! it took more over a month before I heard back in regards to an interview; so I wouldn't be too worried. If you want to email for an update, I'm sure that would be fine.I spoke with them several times and they were quick to respond 🙂Hello everyone! First all, congrats to all those who were admitted!
I have a bit of a concern. I haven’t heard back from the program besides that they have received my application. I guess I’m a bit impatient and worried of rejection (which is okay, I’ll try again if that’s the case). But I was wondering if anyone else is also in this situation. Have rejections been sent out already?
I am in the same boat. I have emailed for updates and was told to wait. It's hard to wait but you are not alone. We are definitely in this together. HahaHello everyone! First all, congrats to all those who were admitted!
I have a bit of a concern. I haven’t heard back from the program besides that they have received my application. I guess I’m a bit impatient and worried of rejection (which is okay, I’ll try again if that’s the case). But I was wondering if anyone else is also in this situation. Have rejections been sent out already?
Update! I just got accepted to SFSU program in the fall! I am super excited, but I am still waiting back to hear from 2 more schools I interviewed at.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 682
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 414