SFSU 2019-2020 POSTBAC

Started by s4dg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted to SFSU's Post Bacc, I'm very excited to meet everyone. Has anyone received any info about orientation/registration? I accepted my offer for admission about a week ago, and my Gateway Student Center says I have been assigned a registration date, but the date is not listed anywhere. Any advice?
 
Hi, everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted to SFSU's Post Bacc, I'm very excited to meet everyone. Has anyone received any info about orientation/registration? I accepted my offer for admission about a week ago, and my Gateway Student Center says I have been assigned a registration date, but the date is not listed anywhere. Any advice?
hello!!! It's great to meet you 🙂 I accepted about 4 days ago and I've yet to receive anything. I think the deadline to make a decision is at the end of this month, so maybe they're waiting until then to set up orientation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi is anyone here who has been accepted a pre-dent? also was accepted a while ago and wondering if there are another good amount of pre-dents here as i'm still considering!
 
hi is anyone here who has been accepted a pre-dent? also was accepted a while ago and wondering if there are another good amount of pre-dents here as i'm still considering!
Hello, I'm premed but in my interview there was a pre-dental person. I am not sure if they got in since I didn't keep in contact though.

If you're still deciding, the program directors said their pre-dental matriculation rate is insane-- like 95%, which is higher than the pre-med matriculation rate. So it seems to be an amazing program for those going into dentistry.

Btw, Have you asked the program what percentage of accepted students are usually pre-dental?
 
Hello, I'm premed but in my interview there was a pre-dental person. I am not sure if they got in since I didn't keep in contact though.

If you're still deciding, the program directors said their pre-dental matriculation rate is insane-- like 95%, which is higher than the pre-med matriculation rate. So it seems to be an amazing program for those going into dentistry.

Btw, Have you asked the program what percentage of accepted students are usually pre-dental?

Yeah that's a good idea, I think I'll try to drop into their zoom office hours and ask about more details.
 
Hi all. I’m trying to decide between SFSU and Fullerton. Pre-Med. Weighing out the pros and cons of both programs. Anybody in the same position? What are some pros and cons of SFSU?
 
Hello, I'm premed but in my interview there was a pre-dental person. I am not sure if they got in since I didn't keep in contact though.

If you're still deciding, the program directors said their pre-dental matriculation rate is insane-- like 95%, which is higher than the pre-med matriculation rate. So it seems to be an amazing program for those going into dentistry.

Btw, Have you asked the program what percentage of accepted students are usually pre-dental?

What is the matriculation rate for Med school? Do you know?
 
Hi! I finally received an interview invite. Are there any interview suggestions/questions that anyone could share?

Be yourself and be personable. It was a very fun and very relaxed interview. I enjoyed it a lot and was confident post interview that I would be accepted into the program (also considering I had a very strong application).
 
Update everyone!! Just got the email that I got in. I'm excited because the program seemed to put a lot of emphasis on collaboration and working with others. The general vibe of the students and school was very relaxed which was appreicated.


BUTTTT now I'm super stressed because I'm now deciding between Cal State Fullerton, SFSU, and Cal State East Bay's post bacc programs. If anyone has any thoughts or advice or anything I'd appreciate it bc I'm confused af.

What was your thought process making your final decision? Currently I am trying to decide between Fullerton and SFSU.
 
Also to people who have accepted, do you know what you'll be doing about housing? Are most people commuting or are they looking for a place too once things are back on campus?

If anyone's looking for possible roommates, lmk!
 
Also to people who have accepted, do you know what you'll be doing about housing? Are most people commuting or are they looking for a place too once things are back on campus?

If anyone's looking for possible roommates, lmk!
In the interview they essentially told us to only look once school is back in person. So I am likely not going to search until the end of the year.
 
Also to people who have accepted, do you know what you'll be doing about housing? Are most people commuting or are they looking for a place too once things are back on campus?

If anyone's looking for possible roommates, lmk!
Also, I'd be interested in looking for housing once we star in person! I'm down for roommates 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just accepted for the Fall 2020 semester! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

For those who have been accepted for Fall and plan on attending, I will be sure to update on my final decision. I am leaning more towards SF now and I would love to collaborate with future classmates! 🙂
 
When you say end of the year you mean closer to next Fall?
Fall semester is online, so I will look into then. I haven't heard about Spring 2021 being online or in person. If Spring 2021 is in person, I will likely start looking for housing (depending on everything ) in November or December.
 
Also to people who have accepted, do you know what you'll be doing about housing? Are most people commuting or are they looking for a place too once things are back on campus?

If anyone's looking for possible roommates, lmk!
Hi, Stasssy! I'm from Los Angeles, so when classes are available in person I'll be looking for housing up in SF. We can keep in touch for when the time comes if you're considering finding an apartment as well 🙂
 
Hi, Stasssy! I'm from Los Angeles, so when classes are available in person I'll be looking for housing up in SF. We can keep in touch for when the time comes if you're considering finding an apartment as well 🙂
Hi! I am from the Bay Area however I am looking for a place to stay in Sacramento due to the cost of living being a lot cheaper than SF. With COVID I am wanting to know if classes for spring will also be online. I am in the process of asking around to determine where exactly I should look.
 
Hi! I am from the Bay Area however I am looking for a place to stay in Sacramento due to the cost of living being a lot cheaper than SF. With COVID I am wanting to know if classes for spring will also be online. I am in the process of asking around to determine where exactly I should look.
hey I've heard Sacramento is cheap. In terms of commute, would that be a large one? I am from SoCal so I'm not familiar with the Bay
 
hey I've heard Sacramento is cheap. In terms of commute, would that be a large one? I am from SoCal so I'm not familiar with the Bay
I'm from the bay area! Sacramento to SF is about a 90-minute drive without traffic. Also, keep in mind BART does not go towards Sacramento so if you plan on living in Sac you definitely will need to bring a car if classes are in person for Spring
 
Hi!! I have just accepted the admission offer and am excited to be a part of such a supportive and collaborative new cohort! For those that have been accepted earlier, have ya'll pick out your classes yet or received some kind of orientation about the registration and financial aid?
 
Hi!! I have just accepted the admission offer and am excited to be a part of such a supportive and collaborative new cohort! For those that have been accepted earlier, have ya'll pick out your classes yet or received some kind of orientation about the registration and financial aid?
Hello! Congrats 😀 Yes, I received an email with info about the school and got my financial aid package a couple days later on the SFSU portal. We need to have a counseling appointment before we can pick classes, so I sent my schedule and I'm waiting to hear back on a day and time.
 
Hi!! I have just accepted the admission offer and am excited to be a part of such a supportive and collaborative new cohort! For those that have been accepted earlier, have ya'll pick out your classes yet or received some kind of orientation about the registration and financial aid?
Congratulations!! I spoke to my advisor today on what my class schedule would look like for this fall term. I haven't signed up for classes yet, but the classes don't fill up since the classes available to us are only for post bacc students. She also mentioned that we would have an orientation on the first week of classes to get familiarized with everything
 
Congratulations!! I spoke to my advisor today on what my class schedule would look like for this fall term. I haven't signed up for classes yet, but the classes don't fill up since the classes available to us are only for post bacc students. She also mentioned that we would have an orientation on the first week of classes to get familiarized with everything
I still haven't heard back about the date and time of my zoom call. Did they email you the date and time? What classes are you looking at taking? I'm super excited 😀
 
Hi!! I have just accepted the admission offer and am excited to be a part of such a supportive and collaborative new cohort! For those that have been accepted earlier, have ya'll pick out your classes yet or received some kind of orientation about the registration and financial aid?

No we have not picked them yet. My advisor meeting is next week. That is when I will pick mine. Orientation is soon and we will be notified when it is.
 
hey I've heard Sacramento is cheap. In terms of commute, would that be a large one? I am from SoCal so I'm not familiar with the Bay
Hi! Yes it is a long commute. I am hoping that spring will also be online so that I can have a longer lease term but also save as much money as possible lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm from the bay area! Sacramento to SF is about a 90-minute drive without traffic. Also, keep in mind BART does not go towards Sacramento so if you plan on living in Sac you definitely will need to bring a car if classes are in person for Spring
Hi! I finally received an interview invite. Are there any interview suggestions/questions that anyone could share?

Its pretty chill and relaxed so just be yourself!
 
Hi everyone! Just wondering, are ya'll down to make a FB group for the new cohort? I feel like itll be a better platform for us to get to know and help each other out!
 
Hi everyone! Just wondering, are ya'll down to make a FB group for the new cohort? I feel like itll be a better platform for us to get to know and help each other out!
yes! I have been thinking about this for awhile. I think it's a great idea 😀