This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elismcdreamy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am starting a new thread for SFSU Pre Health Professions Certificate Program for the Fall 2018 cycle. The deadline was May 1, 2018. Has anyone heard any updates? Interview invites?

Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Jus got an interview invite today 6/7/18! My interview is scheduled to be 6/23.

Reactions: 1 user
Same here! just got an interview invite for 6/23 too for Pre-Dental

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! just got an interview invite for 6/23 too for Pre-Dental

Hi Dr. Smile! Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm keen on applying to SFSU next year, just want to see if id be a good candidate. Thanks :)

Hi Dr. Smile! Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm keen on applying to SFSU next year, just want to see if id be a good candidate. Thanks :)

I have 3.4 for overall and 3.2 sGPA... I think SFSU weights your responses/ answers as equally or more than your stats. I’d say work them carefully.

How was your interview? Any news? Still no interview here.

It was great! I really like the program overall. It's very well structured and supportive advisors who are knowledgable with professional school application process. They told us that we should get a reply within 1 to 1.5 week so no news so far. I don't know if this is helpful but I was calling them multiple times prior to interview invite... Maybe you should try? Good luck!

I just got accepted for Fall 2018 term. I am looking for roommates and a place to live. Anyone here looking for a roommate?:D

Got accepted as well! Still a little on the fence about committing and pressing that accept button though. When are you trying to move in by though?

Congrats! I already accepted the offer. I am thinking around mid August and moving from SoCal. How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you find out exact start date of classes yet? Same, I'd be moving from SoCal.

Based on academic calendar, 8/29 is the first day of instruction. I think we follow that schedule too. Are you waiting to hear back from other programs?

Yea. And a couple with application deadlines up till Aug 1 like Cornell and LECOM, but I'm starting to waver towards just committing and save some money/time. Are you added to that mail list server yet?

Yes, they added me to the google group. I am for sure committing to this program. I wish you luck!!

Received a rejection letter today in the mail. No email, no call, just a letter. If you haven't heard back from the program, yet... then check your mailbox at home. Best of luck on your journey to medicine.

I got invited back to interview!! Any tips on how to prepare for the interview? When I confirmed it said there will be 2 interviews and a written question/answer section. I’m pre-dental!

How were other interviewees dressed? Did they wear suits or was it more business casual?

Dress as if you are going to a professional school interview!

Im not sure about the written portion part. We didn't have that during my interview date.. for advice, know why you want to go here for post bacc, how will you do differently to avoid the previous pitfalls, and most importantly, why you want to become a (your health care professional).

Dress as if you are going to a professional school interview!

Im not sure about the written portion part. We didn't have that during my interview date.. for advice, know why you want to go here for post bacc, how will you do differently to avoid the previous pitfalls, and most importantly, why you want to become a (your health care professional).
I must have misread that! So it isn't a written portion. Good, that has lessen my load. Thank you all so much!!

has anyone who interviewed july 21st hear back from the program yet? getting a little worried...

Did anyone apply for the Spring term? Deadline is October 1st, but I was wondering do the interview emails come before the application closes or after?

i applied for spring 2019 and was wondering if anyone has heard back from them about interviews/ rejections?

Did anyone apply for the Spring term? Deadline is October 1st, but I was wondering do the interview emails come before the application closes or after?
i have applied but haven't heard back from them

@machine323 I still haven't heard anything either. Apparently they told me that they have already sent out their first round of interview dates, but they are still going to be sending out interviews for 2 or 3 more rounds. Here's hoping for the both of us!

@machine323 I still haven't heard anything either. Apparently they told me that they have already sent out their first round of interview dates, but they are still going to be sending out interviews for 2 or 3 more rounds. Here's hoping for the both of us!
I called today and they said we should hear back by this week but I'm not sure.

I called today and they said we should hear back by this week but I'm not sure.
I still have not received anything. The campus itself is closed for the rest of the week due to the bad air quality, so I wouldn't expect anything this week.

Hi everyone, I know this is from last years thread, but I wanted to ask people already in the program how they are liking it. I have applied and been accepted into some post baccs and SMP like BU MAMS, UC Berkeley, Cal State East Bay, and Keck Graduate Institute. I applied for the SF state post bacc for 2019-2020 but their deadline isn't until 5/1/2019 and some other schools want decisions by 4/30/2019. As of right now I am picking the Boston University Master of Medical Sciences but i was also really interested in SF State. If BU and SF state have pretty similar stats and acceptances into medical school and equal amount of advising and structure, I would rather stay in California. Please let me any if anyone knows any med school acceptance statistics and how their overall experiences was, good and bad side? Were their opportunities to work with staff and students from UCSF? Thanks!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, I applied to this year's cycle and wanted to know if anyone has heard from the university yet. I applied for the Fall term.

Hi everyone, I applied to this year's cycle and wanted to know if anyone has heard from the university yet. I applied for the Fall term.
Hi! I applied but haven’t heard back yet. I started a thread for 2019, check it out!