SFSU vs. BU vs. Manhattanville

Started by mjanes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mjanes

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a graduating senior GPA 2.955, should be at least 3 when I graduate. I have taken all med school requirements except O.Chem & I haven't taken the MCATs.
I'm hoping to spend 1 yr. doing O.Chem, plus a few of upper level science courses to get my GPA up, and applying the following fall.
I just recently (um, last weekend) changed my plans, as I was planning on working for a year first, but now I don't want to-I want to do school full time till I get in.
It's kind of last minute, so my chances of getting into a post-bacc program is quickly waning.
I've narrowed my post-bacc options down to these three: SFSU (open U) vs. BU vs. Manhattanville. I am also trying to apply to Duquesne, but am not sure I'll get the app finished in time.
I was wondering if anyone had any input as to which of these would be best for me.
Any suggestions of other schools that might be good?
 
I've never heard of Manhattanville, but my questions to you wou would be:

Where do you live?
Where do you want to live?
Are you willing to pay to go there?

At this point, I really don't think there's significance in where you do your post-bacc, so long as you do it and do it WELL.