sGPA 3.58, cGPA 3.59, gGPA 3.8, MCAT 509 WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMrsP

KCU C/O 2023
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
sGPA: 3.58*
cGPA: 3.59*
grad GPA: 3.8
Final MCAT 509, first two MCAT attempts 495 :(
White girl, MO resident. Did my master's at KCUMB.
My GPA is calculated according to AACOMAS*

Three years of scribe experience with MDs and DOs in the ER and now in an OB/GYN office. I have LOR from faculty at KCU and the DO that I am working for now. I have other physicians I can pull recs from as well. I have tons of other varied work experience and some volunteer work as well and have lived overseas for +4 years.

Do I have a chance at MD schools or should I only try for DO? I'm not opposed, just want to cast a wide net. Thanks!

Schools I'm interested in include
KCU-COM
UMKC
KU (long shot, i think)
DMU-COM
RVU-COM
University of Washington
ICOM

Can anyone comment on how my past two terrible MCAT scores will affect my decent score now? Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Some schools may average your MCAT scores. You are competitive for all DO schools so add a few more to your list. Remove U Washington since they accept less than 1% of their applicants who are not from states in the Northwest. It is worth applying to your Missouri state public MD schools.

Some schools may average your MCAT scores. You are competitive for all DO schools so add a few more to your list. Remove U Washington since they accept less than 1% of their applicants who are not from states in the Northwest. It is worth applying to your Missouri state public MD schools.

Thanks so much! I forgot about Washington's in-state preference. I love the Northwest, but unless I move there, med schools in that region are probably not happening. I will definitely apply broadly to DO schools and my in-state MD schools. Any other MD schools you think worth applying to?

You could try these MD schools also:
Creighton
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland Beaumont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
George Washington