SGU vs. Ross vs. AUC for hurricanes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

utahmedschoolhope2017

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi - anyone know if sgu is as likely to get hit by hurricanes as other caribbean schools? I'm trying to get in touch with someone who works there to ask this question, but I thought I'd see if anyone here knows. Having to move midway through school sounds like a nightmare.
 
How about looking for places that won't get hit by them quite often?!

I did hear that Grenada dodges more often then getting hit, though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1851_2015_allstorms_sm.jpg


You tell me where it's safe.

-Skip
 
I was there from 2014-2016 and there were no storms. I heard there was a major storm at SGU back in 2004 however. I can't imagine what it would be like to be displaced during a term.
 
sgu likes to say they're "below the hurricane belt", but that wasnt the case in 2004.
 
Hi - anyone know if sgu is as likely to get hit by hurricanes as other caribbean schools? I'm trying to get in touch with someone who works there to ask this question, but I thought I'd see if anyone here knows. Having to move midway through school sounds like a nightmare.

I was in Grenada from 2015-2017 and we had no major storms. The most we had was some wind that knocked over a lawn chair. And as you're seeing people are only bringing up the storm in 2004 so clearly there has been nothing sine then
 
Ross is in Barbados permanently. It's east of it's previous location in Dominica but to be frank, choosing a medical school based on hurricanes requires a bit of rethinking. I wouldn't really consider it a major factor if that's what you're basing your decision on.