Shadowing a Doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kochanie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am trying to start shadowing, but is there any other way to contact a doctor besides my connections (mom's colleagues or volunteer supervisor's colleagues)?

Doctors don't really put their email addresses out there for obvious reasons (at least the hospitals I am looking at) and when I call their office a receptionist answers and I don't actually get to talk to the doctor.

How did/do you do it?

Members don't see this ad.

Below this thread, there is like 5 similar threads about how to do this. I would just search this forum.
GL

Sorry, I'm new to this website. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's what I did

1. Some universities have a directory of all staff members including the university hospital staff. Use this to find their emails

2. in some cases, the emails are [email protected] for everyone. Go to their website and copy and paste a list of their doctors and use excel to generate a e-mail list

3. Use google maps to find doctors near you and call them

The medical doctos' emails are left out when I look them up in the university directory, but I will try the lasr name, first name thing. Thank you. :)

I was lucky enough to find their emails. At my local hospital, they have a program for undergraduate students in which they pair u up with a doctor for shadowing. You might wanna consider checking to see if any hospitals near you offer that opportunity