This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Monipmac

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone shadowed any dentist in Gainesville? I've been calling and haven't had any luck. Do you guys have any tips. I already volunteer in the Shands dental clinic, but don't know if this is considered shadowing hours.
 
Hello, I am also pre-dental student in Gainesville. It is nearly impossible to find shadowing here because there are so many of us- I tried everywhere, even VA. I drive an hour to Ocala once a week for shadowing. I have asked lecom admissions about where to put the UF Clinic volunteer hours, and they told me that it counts as volunteering unless you know a doctor well enough to have them write you a letter.