Quantcast

Shadowing Doctor on Short Noctice

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lina19

Reaction score
I am in a summer program and I need help in what to put in a email for shadowing a doctor on short notice. I can only shadow the doctor in the afternoons and the time slot is on July 11? Here is a previous email that I sent out to a physician requesting to shadow.....
My name is _______, and I am a junior in college who is participating in the _________ this summer. I have been interested in medicine and in the field of neurology since high school. I wanted to reach out to you to see if I could shadow you before my summer program ends, which is on July 25th. It would be a wonderful experience to observe you, and I hope to get the opportunity to do so. As I am in a summer program, I would only be able to shadow you in the afternoon for a few hours. I spoke with the coordinator of the program, Ms. _________, and she said that I could shadow you as long as it doesn't interfere with my research or MCAT prep. I understand that time is very valuable to you, so the dates that I can shadow you so far would be Friday, June 27 and Friday July 11 in the afternoon. I understand that these dates are all of a sudden, but I am hoping that you will give me the opportunity to find out if becoming a neurologist is the right specialty that I would like to pursue in the medical field. Please feel free to contact via email at _______ and phone at __________.

Also, the summer program is 10 weeks and I have about a month left in the program.

Please any help would be great.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a summer program and I need help in what to put in a email for shadowing a doctor on short notice. I can only shadow the doctor in the afternoons and the time slot is on July 11? Here is a previous email that I sent out to a physician requesting to shadow.....
My name is _______, and I am a junior in college who is participating in the _________ this summer. I have been interested in medicine and in the field of neurology since high school. I wanted to reach out to you to see if I could shadow you before my summer program ends, which is on July 25th. It would be a wonderful experience to observe you, and I hope to get the opportunity to do so. As I am in a summer program, I would only be able to shadow you in the afternoon for a few hours. I spoke with the coordinator of the program, Ms. _________, and she said that I could shadow you as long as it doesn't interfere with my research or MCAT prep. I understand that time is very valuable to you, so the dates that I can shadow you so far would be Friday, June 27 and Friday July 11 in the afternoon. I understand that these dates are all of a sudden, but I am hoping that you will give me the opportunity to find out if becoming a neurologist is the right specialty that I would like to pursue in the medical field. Please feel free to contact via email at _______ and phone at __________.

Also, the summer program is 10 weeks and I have about a month left in the program.

Please any help would be great.
wrong forum.