Sep 9, 2019
Hello,
I did 30 hours of shadowing so far. Do I need record of it? I didn't get record of it. I am shadowing a new dentist. But I wasnt sure if I can combine both hours or do I need to start over. How do dental school request the hours thing? Can someone please explain the process

S_Diamond_DDS

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
No, you don’t, it’s on the honor system. You are suppose to combine the hours. There’s a section in the app where you enter your shadowing hours and you would break it up into each shadowing experience you completed, then the total hours are added together.

Reactions: 1 user

PerioDont

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
The main reason I would recommend doing at least a good chunk of your hours with one doc is so they can more easily write you a good recommendation letter.

Otherwise it is not that important for the application - they don't usually check anything.

I shadowed about 120 hrs at a GP doc, and then spent a day at every office of his referrals - pedo/endo/OMFS etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads