1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Shadowing Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Ceegee, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Ceegee

Pre-Dental
    I've just recently started shadowing an OMFS and since this was my first time in "the back", I didn't want to appear as a nuisance and ask alot of questions. I was back and forth between two dentists. One of the dentists was doing an implant and it took him a while to get the implant pieces together so I stood off to the side to give him some space (and also avoid any embarassment), but then the other dentist saw me standing off to the corner and asked me if I was ok, and that I looked bored.

I saw some surgeries and the dentist took time to go over a few charts and procedures. Maybe that first experience was a bit overwhelming (I was between 5 surgeries and 2 other procedures in that one day), that questions couldn't even surface since I was just taking it all in.

I do have some questions to ask when I go back, but are there any general questions that you'd recommend asking?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.