Shadowing tips, for Foreign trained dentists.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DentistWithQuestions

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey!

I will be going to the US later this year, to write NBDE parts 1 and 2. I wanted to try and fit in getting some US experience there was well. Accomodation and transport is a problem for me, so i was wondering if any universities allow foreign trained dentists to shadow on campus? Iv tried my best to research online, but havent found anything useful yet. Please help!
 
Hey!

I will be going to the US later this year, to write NBDE parts 1 and 2. I wanted to try and fit in getting some US experience there was well. Accomodation and transport is a problem for me, so i was wondering if any universities allow foreign trained dentists to shadow on campus? Iv tried my best to research online, but havent found anything useful yet. Please help!
Hey!

I will be going to the US later this year, to write NBDE parts 1 and 2. I wanted to try and fit in getting some US experience there was well. Accomodation and transport is a problem for me, so i was wondering if any universities allow foreign trained dentists to shadow on campus? Iv tried my best to research online, but havent found anything useful yet. Please help!

Hi,
I dont know about shadowing in dental schools but you can contact local practicing dentists in the area you are gonna stay. You can search for their contact numbers or emails on the websites of their dental clinics. Good luck.
 
Hi.... I'm preparing for Part 1 and appearing for it in 2 months. I was planning on doing shadowing. But I'm wondering if it's possible while preparing for Part 1. If I don't apply now... will it be too late? I'll have to wait another year to apply. How much experience is considered credible while applying for dental schools?? Someone.... please help!!! I'm completely confused about what to do!!!!