Shall I need to register to AMCAS ?

Started by venkatm93
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

venkatm93

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am now a High School Jr and would like apply for 6/7year BS/MD program in coming Aug/Sept 2010. Shall I need to register to AMCAS ?

Thx
 
no you don't.

btw...I talked with the dean of a local med school. He told me that he discouraged his own nephew from applying accelerated. 6/7 year ones only give you about 2 electives. Do a 8 year guaranteed program and you will get a chance to take a wide variety of classes. Also, that way, you can keep your acceptance but also apply to more prestigeous schools. Most combined programs are at small schools. Keep your options open.
 
No, you don't need to register for AMCAS to apply to BS/MD programs. You use the application provided by the undergraduate college, which may have an additional supplement for applicants to the BS/MD program to complete.