Share your stock Entry and Exit as you make them thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I averaged a lot down in the $300's. Sold at $900 and rebought again in $600's.

My favorite way to generate passive income by selling covered calls! I tend not to do cash secured puts during a bull market because a stock will trend upward generally speaking unless I'm doing a weekly put expecting a slight pull back.
what sort of expiration do you sell calls at?

Members don't see this ad.

what sort of expiration do you sell calls at?
I recently did 8/21, so four months out. It has the most reasonable price to risk ratio. When I was playing with weeklies, my shares would get excised and called away. But when it's four months out, the premium is so high that it doesn't matter if it gets excised. My $850 strike had a $127 premium. If Telasa is under $850+$127= $977, I'm still a happy man.

I averaged a lot down in the $300's. Sold at $900 and rebought again in $600's.

My favorite way to generate passive income by selling covered calls! I tend not to do cash secured puts during a bull market because a stock will trend upward generally speaking unless I'm doing a weekly put expecting a slight pull back.
very smart. I use cash secured puts as limit orders. I couldn't afford doing it on Tesla because that would require over 80k in buying power per contract, but let's say you wanted to get in at 750 you can sell a put. June contract currently going for $6500. if the price doesn't go there you are good and make the money. if it does, you get a stock you wanted anyway at a lower price. and once you get assigned you can then sell covered calls! the wheel keeps spinning. I prefer to do it on stocks in the 20 to $75 range

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Remember when INO was pumped and dumped in March

Well hope it doesn't happen to Remark Holdings (MARK) as people will "want" public health theater just like they "wanted" security theater a la TSA

Playing the run up to earnings for Nvidia, Walmart, and Home Depot next week then observe the terminal decline of the global economy on the sidelines for the rest of the decline of society

7/17 NVDA $325c, 7/17 HD $235c, 5/22 WMT $130c (LOL @ the last one). Bought a couple days ago during one of the early morning dips

TBH I would've sold all today but was at work and distracted

IMG_2437.JPG

Well my torturous little gamble finally paid off today

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
SRNE at $8.94 pre-market right now. Seems esp good to dump

MRNA up to $85.29 (+27.89%) pre-market too. Forgot to disclose that one too (bought 1 contract of $65c 6/19 on May 11 @ $9.30)

Bought TTWO (think Rockstar Games and 2k. Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto) $150 calls 6/19 ($6/contract x3) as they are reporting earnings today after hours, so waiting for this one to blow up in my face

Looks like the algos pumping and dumping both TTWO and ATVI simultaneously after-hours. Go figure

Bought DOCU $130c 7/17 @ 11.50 x1. Hoping for a run up to earnings June 4

GD Docu that call is now out of the money... selling that ASAP and sticking to spreads

MGM credit spread... yes singular (18p/20p 6/19) and DIS credit spread (125p/130p 6/19). I'll let them go to expiration

I month ago LULU was at $223 on May 6 and it hit $323 on Jun 3.

I'm in on $320c/$330c spread for earnings June 11

sold 24k of FZROX yesterday at a $2800 loss. Had been DCA’ing every month for past 2 years. am going to put it back into market if we drop to SP500 2200
got burned on this one. 14% run-up since then, would have been in the green

PG&E exiting bankruptcy soon so I bought 600 shares. lul

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmmm.. might buy MGM shares if it drops below $20 today

The other day I was getting shawarma for lunch and the guy working the counter noticed I had RH too and then mentioned he was considering getting into GUSH and he made ~$300 the previous day. LMAO

(I'm still 85% cash / VIPIX IDGAF)

PTON $55c 1/25/21. got in at $11.

Tesla call spread exp 7/10 $1400/$1420 lol 1 contract ($700)

"Saving up" for domestic travel (to remote areas) is my excuse, as Americans will be banned from traveling to most global north destinations for the next 2 years. So much for visiting Honshu in Nov.

Tesla call spread exp 7/10 $1400/$1420 lol 1 contract ($700)

"Saving up" for domestic travel (to remote areas) is my excuse, as Americans will be banned from traveling to most global north destinations for the next 2 years. So much for visiting Honshu in Nov.
How do you say 2 years? I'm hoping for 9 months max.

I doubt any effective vaccine will be widely available until 2022. Za warudo will muddle along in the meantime

Individual stocks:

Long 85 AMZN (cost $1215.29/share), 11 GOOG (cost $1048.79/share), 16 SHOP (cost $794/share), 4508 BAC (cost $24.48/share), and 126 MSFT (cost $125.81/share).

I don't know how to trade options.

The rest is all in retirement 401k's. 9 years of maxing out every year since 2011 with 5% employer match and investing only in S&P 500 index via Vanguard, Prudential, and Lincoln.

Everyone is a genius in a bull market...

Individual stocks:

Long 85 AMZN (cost $1215.29/share), 11 GOOG (cost $1048.79/share), 16 SHOP (cost $794/share), 4508 BAC (cost $24.48/share), and 126 MSFT (cost $125.81/share).

I don't know how to trade options.

The rest is all in retirement 401k's. 9 years of maxing out every year since 2011 with 5% employer match and investing only in S&P 500 index via Vanguard, Prudential, and Lincoln.

Everyone is a genius in a bull market...
Tell that to people who bought airlines

I put in a limit order for INTC 21 shares@$49.5. If it goes that low, great. If not, I'll probably blow it on power tools or something.

This thread has been an epic fail. Everyone is bragging about how cheap they got their stocks last year, not what they bought today.

Here is a good one where people actually post what they bought or sold when they post:

• Haha
1000 shares of AMPE @0.62c. Not selling till it sold to big pharma.

ATVI $85 1/15/21 @ $8.00 x3 (bOuGhT tHe DiP) let's do this

TTWO announces after hours today (ATVI after hrs on Aug 4) so hoping for at least one pop for ATVI. Prob not though.

Cash secured puts
WKHS - Sold 8/5 1 contract, $1.05 per contract. $15.5 put expires 8/14. $1550 - $105 collateral
NET - Sold 8/6 1 contract $2.80 per contract. $40 put expires 8/21. $4000 - $280 collateral
NIO - Sold 8/6 1 contract, sold 8/7 2 contracts, 0.80 per contract, $0.87 per contract. $13 put expires 8/14. $3900 - $254 collateral
DKNG - Sold 8/7 1 contract, $1.80 per contract. $33 put expires 8/14. $3300 - $180 collateral

NET - Bought back 8/7 1 contract, $0.95 a contract. $40 put expires 8/21

Today, sold TQQQ 120 put options expiring 8/14 at $4.20, cash secured. A 3.5% return if all goes as planned.

Today, sold TQQQ 120 put options expiring 8/14 at $4.20, cash secured. A 3.5% return if all goes as planned.

How do options work? What if it doesn't go as planned?

There’s good resources online explaining calls/puts, etc... I won’t duplicate here.

Your loss is limited to the price of the contract. Downside: you can lose all your money, whereas if you just buy a stock, the only way to go to zero is if the company goes bankrupt. There’s time and price variables that impact your options trade.

So this is called writing a cash secured put. Say it's just 1 put to keep it simple. The put is an option for 100 shares. Since I am selling put, I am technically in a short position. As you may be aware, short positions generally require margin unless you have enough cash to cover the purchase price of the stock or ETF (TQQQ is an ETF). I tell people to avoid borrowing on margin and utilize it sparingly.

So let's say I have $11,580 in my account. To qualify as cash secured I need to have $12,000 ($120/share x 100 shares). But hey, I can sell the put and receive $4.20 for the option (x100) so after I sell the put for $420 I have a total of $12,000 in my account and therefore no margin requirement. My account would now show $12,000 in cash and a -1 for the put option.

A put option gives the owner (the buyer) the right to make me buy TQQQ at $120 on or before August 17, 2020 (the expiry date). And when would he do this? When TQQQ fall below $120. If TQQQ is $120+ on August 17, the buyer won't exercise the put option.

In either case, I will keep the $420 he paid me. If TQQQ falls to $115.80 and my option is assigned and I buy the stock for $12,000, technically I am at paper breakeven, anything lower and I am at a loss dollar for dollar. (My account will now show $0, 100 shares of TQQQ and the option assignment erases the short put from my account).

Anything between $115.80 and $120.00 I have a partial paper profit and at $120+ I have the full realized profit of $420.

In this case, the maximum return is 3.63% ($420/$11,580) which is pretty good over a week. Now note the return is very high because TQQQ is a high volatility ETF. My positions can frequently go south quickly.

Lots of other strategies can be employed but this is the simplest case.

Your collateral numbers are all wrong. They are reversed with the premium. Not bad picks, though.
I meant to illustrate that the collateral was the strike price - the premium I received, but I guess the way I structured the sentence was weird .

83 shares NIO @ 13.50

Last edited:
  • Haha
+600 shares SRNE $12.20

+1 SRNE $11 Call 9/18 $3.90

-59 shares DIS $131.50

+1 VERU $5 Call 10/18 $0.15

Bought 6 GLD @ 180.0

Bought 100 shares of NIO at 13.35 in long term
Added 11 more shares of JD at $61.90
Closed 3 NIO 8/14 $13 CSP at 0.18 per contract
Sold 1 DKNG 8/21 $31.50 CSP at $2.05 per contract
Sold 5 BLNK 8/21 $10 CSP at 0.76 per contract

Ha I sold that BLNK at 1.5 a contract a few weeks back.

Thoughts on them long term ? Earnings are this week also -- I think tomorrow. If it runs I may close it out

I'm a bit iffy on them long term and I would much rather invest in NIO if I had to pick a cheaper EV related play. BLNK is definitely the play that I am least confident about this week. However, I played PLUG CSP last week and the stock just ran, so I think a lot of investors are expecting good things from BLNK. They report earnings AH tomorrow I believe. I might hold through earnings for that juicy IV crush, but like you if the stock runs tomorrow during the day I will probably close out at least 2 or 3 contracts if not all of them. Tomorrow's after market closes is going to be interesting since I'm also holding PRPL 22.5/25 8/21 and 25/30 9/18 debit spreads like a wallstreetbets degenerate.

Why so bullish on snre?
Dis was a buy a few months ago, why wait until now? Itll still be good LT

I hold DIS in other accounts (I have a DRIP account with them) and I needed cash to plow into SRNE in my brokerage account.

SRNE I’m anticipating imminent EUA for their 30min COVID saliva test and they have a lot of interim data coming in the next 30-45 days.

This stock was trash for a long time, but I somehow managed to hold from $1.92/share...sold everything (stock and calls) when it was $8/share, bought back in between $12-15, hoping for it to go supersonic! We’ll see.

TQQQ is currently over $130 which I think is too high to roll over and out to the next expiration date. But the $120 I wrote is pretty cheap now even with 1 day left to expiration so I closed the above position for $0.25, a nice profit of $3.95, about 3.4% in a week.

Decided to switch to TNA for the following week and wrote the $35 puts for $1.34 expiring 8/21. The usual plan is to write the options at the money but there is like no volume in the $35.50 or $36 strike prices. 4% maximum return on paper.

Last edited:
TQQQ is currently over $130 which I think is too high to roll over and out to the next expiration date. But the $120 I wrote is pretty cheap now even with 1 day left to expiration so I closed the above position for $0.25, a nice profit of $3.95, about 3.4% in a week.

Decided to switch to TNA for the following week and wrote the $35 puts for $1.34 expiring 8/21. The usual plan is to write the options at the money but there is like no volume in the $35.50 or $36 strike prices. 4% maximum return on paper.
Argh, TNA took a dive over the past two days. Didn't see any real good opportunities to rollover and out so I'll just accept assignment. TNA ended at $33.91 so on paper I have a small $0.25 x100 profit per option. I'll play the game again on Monday. Should have stayed with TQQQ but who knew it would bust out +10% in a week.

Bought 100 shares of NIO at 13.35 in long term
Added 11 more shares of JD at $61.90
Closed 3 NIO 8/14 $13 CSP at 0.18 per contract
Sold 1 DKNG 8/21 $31.50 CSP at $2.05 per contract
Sold 5 BLNK 8/21 $10 CSP at 0.76 per contract

JD stocks up, NIO stocks up. Most of my previous puts closed at close to 0. BLNK absolutely destroyed me because Hindenburg apparently decided to short/defame them and sent them plummeting* towards the center of the Earth. Closed at a huge loss since I did not want to roll this hot potato. Got assigned on a PDD (which is basically a cheap, low quality Chinese Ebay/Amazon) put, but my average cost was 79.65 so overall pretty good.

Argh, TNA took a dive over the past two days. Didn't see any real good opportunities to rollover and out so I'll just accept assignment. TNA ended at $33.91 so on paper I have a small $0.25 x100 profit per option. I'll play the game again on Monday. Should have stayed with TQQQ but who knew it would bust out +10% in a week.
Decided to sell out of the TNA I was assigned for $34.91, a 9 cent loss per share but against the original $1.34 put premium I netted $1.25 or about a 3.7% return over 11 days.