-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Bought more [email protected] today. Don't know what else to buy at these high prices.
Bought more [email protected] today. Don't know what else to buy at these high prices.
It's up 8.93% premarket! Should have bought more
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats.
Hindsight is always 2020.
I feel like this will have a new meaning after this year is over haha.
It's up 8.93% premarket! Should have bought more
I was literally just coming on to congratulate you!
Last edited:
I was literally just coming on congratulate congratulate you!
Thanks man! I really want to buy more but it's scary how fast this is going up!
Sunrun at $63.70
Sold SHLL (HYLL) warrants and GRAF warrants pre-merger 3 weeks ago right before merger/ticker change. Took profits and invested in 300 shares of SOAC and 200 shares of PIC to the 200 shares of HCAC. Not sure if anyone here plays SPACs, but they have decent upside with limited downside if you get in close to NAV (but sometimes quite boring). Bought 2 11/20 PSTH $20 calls at $3.40.
Previous CHWY shares were called away. BIGC shares assigned at cost basis of $95.30. Sold a 10/16 $95 call for $2.85 premium so my shares will most likely get called away EOW. Will use the freed up capital to add more shares of AAPL or maybe add FSLY after todays big AH dip. Sold a 10/23 $27 CC on NIO last week, hopefully doesn't get assigned.
Added 20 shares of FB last week at $256.10.
Bought 2 FB 11/20 $310 calls at 4.05 in as an earnings play.
Previous CHWY shares were called away. BIGC shares assigned at cost basis of $95.30. Sold a 10/16 $95 call for $2.85 premium so my shares will most likely get called away EOW. Will use the freed up capital to add more shares of AAPL or maybe add FSLY after todays big AH dip. Sold a 10/23 $27 CC on NIO last week, hopefully doesn't get assigned.
Added 20 shares of FB last week at $256.10.
Bought 2 FB 11/20 $310 calls at 4.05 in as an earnings play.
Bought more [email protected] today. Don't know what else to buy at these high prices.
Very nice, you got in right before the big run up today!
Very nice, you got in right before the big run up today!
It's still going up after hours, crazy! Guess I should have bought more for $26 today.
It's still going up after hours, crazy! Guess I should have bought more for $26 today.
Do you know if this is based on anything?
Do you know if this is based on anything?
JP Morgan upgraded their target price to $40. Citi upgraded their target price to $33.20 as well. Looks like anything under $33.20 or even $40 is a buy right now.
Meanwhile Goldman Sachs still values it at $7 LoL. It's ironic cause their $7 price target caused NIO to fall from $15 to $11 and kept it down for weeks.
Last edited:
I got 100 IPOC. You could get in lower than me if you buy now🙂
Never heard of this! But definitely interested haha.
Look at IPOB.
IpOC is a total gamble. The company is a Healthcare one, which is why it tanked I guess. IPOB is opendoor
Cool, ARKK has it. You have ARKK too right? How many individual stocks/ETFs do you have?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@owlegrad you have some NIO too right? Did you buy more?
no I am too scared to buy more LOL
I have 208 shares. So far I have “made” 3.1k on it. I am undecided if I should realize some of that gain or just let it keep riding. I do have a stop order for $25/share just in case.
I averaged down to 9.50. Price target 100-200$ lol. I will visit back in 2025.
Yo PLTR was lit today.
Wish I average down.
Should have taken your own advice! LoL.
Omg did I say that yesterday too?
Looks like Saturday!
no I am too scared to buy more LOL
I have 208 shares. So far I have “made” 3.1k on it. I am undecided if I should realize some of that gain or just let it keep riding. I do have a stop order for $25/share just in case.
You're doing great! Way better than me. My average is $24 now, 206 shares. I really think this will hit $50 next year.
Why are guys buying pennies? lol. <$10k buy 10x is only 100k. You can't get rich investing like this.
If you pick individual stocks, go big 50-100k buy, win big or go home crying.
Not all of us are rich like you. I only have 15k or so in my taxable acct, slowly building it up. I'm comfortable losing 10k but 50k would hurt right now.
We aren’t all ballers but you have to start somewhere.
LOL says tbr guy that doesn't buy individual stocks.
I have 3 positions over 10K outside of 401k.
What are those 3? TSLA, SQ and something else?
Are you still buying these 3?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bought 292 shares of GE stock $7.52/share, sold it a few days later for $7.68/share.
bought 92 shares of Tupperware stock for 21.92/share, sold it a few days later for $22.74/share.
the rest, I lost money on, so rather not drudge up painful memories 🙁
One thing I do try to do, in order to catch the big movers, is to buy stock who is earning report is coming out soon.
bought 92 shares of Tupperware stock for 21.92/share, sold it a few days later for $22.74/share.
the rest, I lost money on, so rather not drudge up painful memories 🙁
One thing I do try to do, in order to catch the big movers, is to buy stock who is earning report is coming out soon.
Bought 292 shares of GE stock $7.52/share, sold it a few days later for $7.68/share.
bought 92 shares of Tupperware stock for 21.92/share, sold it a few days later for $22.74/share.
the rest, I lost money on, so rather not drudge up painful memories 🙁
One thing I do try to do, in order to catch the big movers, is to buy stock who is earning report is coming out soon.
Why not hold instead of sell at a loss?
Why not hold instead of sell at a loss?
401k aside, I’m not yet investing long-term; just wanna make a couple quick bucks. Only playing with a few thousand so far.
401k aside, I’m not yet investing long-term; just wanna make a couple quick bucks. Only playing with a few thousand so far.
Good time to buy while everything is red now. But expect many more red days to come.
You know the game is to buy low, sell high, not the other way around, right?Bought 292 shares of GE stock $7.52/share, sold it a few days later for $7.68/share.
bought 92 shares of Tupperware stock for 21.92/share, sold it a few days later for $22.74/share.
the rest, I lost money on, so rather not drudge up painful memories 🙁
One thing I do try to do, in order to catch the big movers, is to buy stock who is earning report is coming out soon.
You know the game is to buy low, sell high, not the other way around, right?
Sounds like he's new. I did the same a couple months ago.
everything is up now. Crazy
everything is up now. Crazy
I'm back to where I was on Monday morning. Down day, up day, down day, up day. Guess tomorrow will be down day again.
I'm back to where I was on Monday morning. Down day, up day, down day, up day. Guess tomorrow will be down day again.
Might finally hit that magic $30 per share for NIO.
Might finally hit that magic $30 per share for NIO.
It already did earlier!
Last edited:
The correct answer is to buy when you have money.Do you guys buy on green days like this or only on red days?
My experience has been buying on a dip but that hasn't been rewarded to get better return. As you can see, the long term chart of stock market is going from bottom left to top right since the dawn of time. If you are waiting, there is statistical certainty you are getting stocks at a higher price later.
you make a small fortune on NIO already. Congrats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Updates:
Short plays:
Bought 100 shares of PSTH at $23.18
Lost $1000 on INTC Jan 21 calls. (RIP)
Made about $540 on FB calls
Long plays:
Added 100 shares of FSLY at $83.01 (RIP)
Added 60 shares of AAPL at $117.13
Added 50 shares of JD at $80.89
Selling CC on FSLY, AAPL, JD, NIO atm to lower cost basis/earn some small side money.
Short plays:
Bought 100 shares of PSTH at $23.18
Lost $1000 on INTC Jan 21 calls. (RIP)
Made about $540 on FB calls
Long plays:
Added 100 shares of FSLY at $83.01 (RIP)
Added 60 shares of AAPL at $117.13
Added 50 shares of JD at $80.89
Selling CC on FSLY, AAPL, JD, NIO atm to lower cost basis/earn some small side money.
I’m new to stocks. Just started a couple months ago. I bought 50 shares of Twitter for $37. Now it’s over $52. I want to stay cause I’m hopeful that it’ll keep going up but is that a newb move?
I’m new to stocks. Just started a couple months ago. I bought 50 shares of Twitter for $37. Now it’s over $52. I want to stay cause I’m hopeful that it’ll keep going up but is that a newb move?
Hold if you believe in the company, sell if you don't (or if you need/want to put your money elsewhere). Also, depending on how long you've been holding, might be worth to hold a bit longer because of tax purposes.
you make a small fortune on NIO already. Congrats
Thanks! Not as much as you think, my average is in the $24s. But still unbelievable nonetheless.
I’m new to stocks. Just started a couple months ago. I bought 50 shares of Twitter for $37. Now it’s over $52. I want to stay cause I’m hopeful that it’ll keep going up but is that a newb move?
If you don't need the money, hold for at least a year otherwise it gets taxed as regular income. Keep adding a little at a time, buy more if it dips.
If you need the money then set a stop loss to whatever you don't want to lose. The market will be unpredictable and volatile in the next few weeks with election and Covid uncertainty.
Simple advice but easier said than done. Don't panic sell or FOMO buy.