Shenandoah Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone going to be there for the 1/23 weekend interviews? want to meet your competition?? hah, j/k, but it would be nice to meet some other possible future classmates. :hello:

hi.. Congrates for you having an interview. Can I ask you when you submitted application and sent a check?

Members don't see this ad.

man i was there the other day, bumped into one of the chem professor before I met the interview people, and it was fun as hell, we joked about some random stuff, he even quizzed me on some chem stuff lol

interview with "meh", its only 30mins but i feel exhausted from all the thinking i had to do... i admit i wasn't prepared at all since im treating this as a mock interview, already accepted else where, just waiting for UMD now... also, they didnt ask me to write the essay, which is odd, and i never sent the $30 fee, they never asked for it while i was there either... o well... GL to whoever is going/accepted

hi.. Congrates for you having an interview. Can I ask you when you submitted application and sent a check?

Thanks mini. Submitted late November and invited late December.

man i was there the other day, bumped into one of the chem professor before I met the interview people, and it was fun as hell, we joked about some random stuff, he even quizzed me on some chem stuff lol

interview with "meh", its only 30mins but i feel exhausted from all the thinking i had to do... i admit i wasn't prepared at all since im treating this as a mock interview, already accepted else where, just waiting for UMD now... also, they didnt ask me to write the essay, which is odd, and i never sent the $30 fee, they never asked for it while i was there either... o well... GL to whoever is going/accepted

I thought there was no essay involved for the interview. Did this school normally have essays?

Members don't see this ad :)
idk, apparently some people had to do a 30min essay, according to the interview feedbacks page, maybe its a few years back

idk, apparently some people had to do a 30min essay, according to the interview feedbacks page, maybe its a few years back

It must be old because my group never had to do an essay. I interviewed in October and I would imagine they would not require anyone else before or after my group to write an essay.

Congratulation everyone on being accepted! I just have a quick question. I received an e-mail from Amanda and it said that I'm on the alternate list and I had spoke to her on the phone prior to the e-mail and she said I was number 8 on the list. Also, she said that for the past three years all the alternates have been accepted. So, does that mean I still have a chance of getting in?? I'm worried because I have only one more interview left out of 4 and so far i have been deffered in one, haven't heard from the other. This school is actually one of my top three schools so I would really like to attend here! I don't think I have time to apply to any other schools because most of their deadlines have passed! So, I guess all I can do is hope and pray that I get in?!? Is it possible for me to go up on the alternate list from like 8 to 20?? Thanks!

B.S. in Food Science and Human Nutrition (GPA: 3.07), S/M GPA: 3.13, PCAT: 73%,
Graduating this semester with a M.S. in Pharmaceutical Outcome and Policy (GPA: 3.63)
2+ years as a Pharmacy Technician in retail store with few other extracurricular activities.

anybody else besides me going to the interview on the 8th??? ;)

when is the adcom meeting? has anyone heard back this month yet?

i was told they meet every other wednesday. however, they were also closed for a whole week due to the snow. so they are most likely backed up by that amount of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I declined my acceptance for UB(pending UCSC/SF). I really liked the area and school, but the pharmD/JD is too tempting to pass up

The Adcom is meeting this wednesday, this is what I was told this morning when I interviewed. I was really impressed with the school and the area. Its not away from it all, but it isnt bogged down with big city life either. Its like a nice equilibrium.

Does anybody know if they are still interviewing?

My friend and I both submitted in December, have heard nothing from them.

Wondering if they are just slow or if they have filled all their spaces.

They are interviewing until march I believe they had all kinds of dates on the email they sent me. I sent in my pharmcas in November, mailed in beginning of December and I heard from them in January. Hope that helps!:thumbup:

I'm surprised that this is the only school I haven't heard back from yet... but there is still a bit of time left. I submitted in October so they must not be very impressed with my app.. :smuggrin:

Phew, just got email for interview offer, woot!

did anyone who interviewed already get any email today? they were supposed to meet and we were supposed to hear back this afternoon i thought.

hi everyone,

I apply to Shenandoah U SOP in early October but still didn't hear anything from them... :(..

The ADCOM was suppose to meet this morning, has anyone heard from Amanda?

The ADCOM was suppose to meet this morning, has anyone heard from Amanda?

Not yet I'm still waiting and she said she would also reply back after the metting. Are you still waiting for an interview invite or an acceptance letter?

She has just e-mail me, I was rejected.:(

Oh no I'm sorry :(, my heart just sank because I affraid to check my e-mail, nothing yet for me...I hope you have other schools you applied to/or received interview offers...best of luck:luck:

I had an interview on 1/30/10 with UMD and still awaiting for the results. I'm so afraid because

Accepted!!!! As of 3:02 pm today, Amanda emailed me for all of you who want to know. I got a really, really good vibe from this school. I believe that this just might be the place for me. For those of you interviewing, dont be static. You are one of many interviewees from around the country. So how are the adcoms gonna differentiate between applications when stats are so close? You have to make yourself stand out at the interview. You have to make them think when you leave the interview that they NEED you there. Good Luck to everyone!!!:luck:

YESSSS!! i just got the acceptance email!!! im pretty stoked about it especially since this is my 2nd year applying to pharmacy schools. After applyin to only CA schools my first try and got denied after being waitlisted, I took the PCAT in Oct. and was able to apply to CA + out of state this time around. This time around, first school(CNCP) i had an interview at rejected me, second school (USC) put me on waitlist, then i was waiting for results from Shenandoah and UC Denver ...so i was feeling all worried and extremely stressed out more mentally than physically... but i am now SOO relieved!!!

Accepted!!!! As of 3:02 pm today, Amanda emailed me for all of you who want to know. I got a really, really good vibe from this school. I believe that this just might be the place for me. For those of you interviewing, dont be static. You are one of many interviewees from around the country. So how are the adcoms gonna differentiate between applications when stats are so close? You have to make yourself stand out at the interview. You have to make them think when you leave the interview that they NEED you there. Good Luck to everyone!!!:luck:

and

YESSSS!! i just got the acceptance email!!! im pretty stoked about it especially since this is my 2nd year applying to pharmacy schools. After applyin to only CA schools my first try and got denied after being waitlisted, I took the PCAT in Oct. and was able to apply to CA + out of state this time around. This time around, first school(CNCP) i had an interview at rejected me, second school (USC) put me on waitlist, then i was waiting for results from Shenandoah and UC Denver ...so i was feeling all worried and extremely stressed out more mentally than physically... but i am now SOO relieved!!!

congrats!

Finally got my interview invitation! 2/20

Congrats all you future pharmacists from SU!

Congrats eekOMG :thumbup:...I'm still waiting to hear from Amanda on the AdCOM's decision on whether I get an interview or not. She said a decision should have been made from yesterdays meeting...so anxious :xf:

Wait, I don't get it. You got an interview on February 20 but you only posted this offer yesterday.... Did you mean March 20?

1. Applied on 11/25/09 (pharmacas)
2. Was invited for an interview in the 01/28/10
3. Interviewed on 02/20/10 at ashburn campus
4. ACCEPTED!!! 03/03/10

YAY :)

does anyone know if Shenandoah is gonna look at the January PCAt scores at all?

Is ther anyone heading out to Shenandoah this fall who is from the Chicago area???

First of all, I just want to say that SU seem to really care about their future students. However, there is a BIG downside (in opinion) about attending SU. I JUST bought my laptop and built a computer in the past year...but the macbook loan requirement is just not fair!

I hate:
1. Paying 500/semester for a loaner laptop, even though I already have one.
2. Not being able to KEEP the laptop after spending 2000 over the course of 4 years.

The staff claims that we are paying for the software in addition to the hardware. In my opinion, save me the money...give me the software so I can install it on my computers and we'll call it a day!

A P1 told me that you do get to keep the MacBook Pro at the end... if you pay something extra. :confused:

What about the iTouch/iPhone? Do we at least get to keep those?

A P1 told me that you do get to keep the MacBook Pro at the end... if you pay something extra. :confused:

What about the iTouch/iPhone? Do we at least get to keep those?

Yeah....thats BS that you have to pay extra for a $1000 machine if you already paid $2000 over 4 years. And about the Iphone and Ipod touch....I have BOTH. I don't need another one! SU is killing me with the costs. And I heard we're able to keep the Iphone/Itouch

I interviewed on 3/5 and got my acceptance email today!!!! If i get into ND though I will have to turn it down just because it is closer to home. Anyone know rougly what it will cost total? (tuition + electronic fees, etc?)

I'm curious about whether or not your interviews included an essay component. There was no mention of one in the interview invitation email I received from Shenandoah, and I was told that the process would take less than an hour.

Might this mean that they are only interviewing for the waiting list, at this late juncture?

Thanks for your replies.

I'm curious about whether or not your interviews included an essay component. There was no mention of one in the interview invitation email I received from Shenandoah, and I was told that the process would take less than an hour.

Might this mean that they are only interviewing for the waiting list, at this late juncture?

Thanks for your replies.

There is no essay component. The interview is very chill & the faculty is so sweet. Sadly, I have decided to turn down Shenandoah after getting into UGA even after I've paid the $1000 deposit.

I guess I'll be saving myself about $60,000 going to UGA :)

Anybody going to the open house tomorrow before interviewing?

Hey guys,

Congrats to everyone that got accepted to SU. I am currently a P2 student and I am looking for a compatible room mate starting Aug b/c my current room mate is graduating. Please reply or message me if you're interested. Thanks! =)

Did anyone who interviewed in the cycle leading up to today's Adcom meeting hear from Amanda regarding accept/reject decisions? I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and was told that I would receive an e-mail today, but have yet to hear anything. Does that usually mean bad news?

Did anyone who interviewed in the cycle leading up to today's Adcom meeting hear from Amanda regarding accept/reject decisions? I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and was told that I would receive an e-mail today, but have yet to hear anything. Does that usually mean bad news?

Amanda told me the same thing and nothing.

I'm expecting an acceptance.

Hi guys, congrats to all on your acceptances! I will be attending UMD but I live in VA so I have a question:

Do you happen to know how soon you can obtain an intern license in VA? I could have sworn I was told that it was upon matriculation when I went to an open house at Shenandoah, but when I called the VA board of pharmacy a couple of weeks ago the receptionist told me it was later than that. (I'm not sure she understood my question though, as she seemed to originally think I was talking about an actual pharmacist license).

Does anyone here know anything about this? Thanks a bunch!

Wow just offered an interview invite.. I had given up on Shenandoah a long time ago and have been stressing over which of the other schools I have been accepted to I want to attend. Now I'll have one more school to add into the mix :scared: