Sheridan and American Anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scorpio

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know details about their benefits, specifically retirement matching if any, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

well that sums up most of Florida practice, at least more metropolitan areas of south florida. Pretty much seems Sheridan doesn't contribute, stay at flat salary. Im not sure about American but a lot of private practices are joining them (that's bad sign) like Holy Cross group in Lauderdale and pinnacle in delray/boca (which closed partner track anyway). Lots of subsidized groups in Florida due to amount of medicare, which is bad to begin with. Think jobs posted seems American is similar, but not sure; these groups seem to be same staff but part of American now and you get hired as employee.
I left florida just out of frustration of market. Some more rural areas still have good groups like Pensacola. SW florida terrible as well, I know from experience.
Seems most people just really need/want to be at location and suck it up with Sheridan. If any info with American, let me know as well.