Short and Brief Volunteering Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teasvup

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can short and brief volunteering episodes (something like 4-8 hrs for one day each year/few months) count towards volunteering hours when it comes around to applying? I am confused as to how they contribute and how they would be listed on an application, especially since they are usually not associated with any clubs. I have other long term volunteering activities, but a lot of my time is spent on random little volunteering opportunities and want to know that I am not mismanaging my time in doing so. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Can short and brief volunteering episodes (something like 4-8 hrs for one day each year/few months) count towards volunteering hours when it comes around to applying? I am confused as to how they contribute and how they would be listed on an application, especially since they are usually not associated with any clubs. I have other long term volunteering activities, but a lot of my time is spent on random little volunteering opportunities and want to know that I am not mismanaging my time in doing so. Thanks.
For AMCAS, you have the option of grouping multiple brief volunteer efforts into one space to make the Total Hours listed more impactful. You could name the space something that covers all the items mentioned, perhaps Short-Term Collegiate Volunteering, or somesuch, and use yourself as the required Contact, unless you have official contacts for some of them.

Reactions: 1 user