Short term shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qwerty2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Spring break is in 2-3 weeks and I am thinking of shadowing a PCP during that time.
I am a soph. Even though I have hospital volunteering exp, I have no shadowing exp and I haven't started looking for one either. What is the best way to go about finding a good physician to shadow?
I do not think I will be able to shadow for more than a week....in that case...is it better to just put it off until after the semester ends?

Members don't see this ad.

Spring break is in 2-3 weeks and I am thinking of shadowing a PCP during that time.
I am a soph. Even though I have hospital volunteering exp, I have no shadowing exp and I haven't started looking for one either. What is the best way to go about finding a good physician to shadow?
I do not think I will be able to shadow for more than a week....in that case...is it better to just put it off until after the semester ends?

most shadowing is recommended at 15-20 hours per doctor that you shadow and its advised to get 2-3 shadowing experiences.

If you really wanted to stuff a shadowing opportunity in there, I would do 5 hours of shadowing every other day (MWF) or 3 hours per day to get to the 15 hours.

hope this helps.